Now that we are off to a great start, let’s keep the momentum going. Start your day by visiting a temple, and thank God for this wonderful life that he has given us. I don’t know about you, but I did fine with my plan for day 1. I did not miss eggs, bacon, and chicken at all! The veggies and paneer was such a refreshing change, and equally satisfying. Continuing with my efforts to eat something Keto friendly and full of fat for these nine days. My Keto Diet Plan for Navratri 2 is a mix of some great healthy dishes to satisfy your festive hunger.
Keto Diet Plan for Navratri 2
Sautéed Broccoli in Cheese and Butter Sauce
- Chop up some broccoli and blanch it in boiling salty water for five to seven minutes.
- Drain under cold water and keep on the side.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, put some butter and grated cheese of your choice.
- Add any seasoning you want, I like to add pizza seasoning, oregano, and chili flakes and keep stirring lightly.
- Now add the broccoli stir for a few minutes and switch off the gas.
- Eat while it’s still hot. If you want you can add some garlic powder to the butter too.
Palak Paneer/Spinach with Cottage Cheese, with Greek Yogurt/Shrikhand and almonds
- We all have different recipes for making Palak Paneer. I like to make it this way. Feel free to follow any recipe you want.
- Just remember to wash the spinach well, under warm water and always use fresh cottage cheese for this recipe.
For the Greek Yogurt/Shrikhand
- Simply hang yogurt a day before in a muslin or cheesecloth.
- Next day, add slivered almonds, sweetener and cardamom powder to it.
- Have it chilled. Check out this link in case you want more details.
Chinese Style Fried Paneer/Cottage Cheese with sautéed Green Beans
- Fry some cubes of Cottage Cheese till golden in olive oil and keep them aside.
- Wash up some green beans and chop them up in 2 to 3 inches pieces.
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for five to seven minutes, and strain them under cold water.
- In a pan put some olive oil, and then fry two cloves of finely chopped garlic. You can also add chopped onion at this stage, although I choose to avoid it,
- Now drop the green beans to the pan. Sauté for a few minutes, on medium heat.
- Add a dash of soya sauce, black pepper, salt to taste and cook some more.
- If you want you can also add a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce to the pan.
- Now add the cubes of the fried cottage cheese to the pan, and cook on low heat till the paneer/cottage cheese becomes a little soft.
- This recipe might seem very simple, but when it is done, it is the simple flavors, which will impress you for sure.
- And before you think you jump to the conclusion that I don’t know my sauces, I must clarify that the Worcestershire sauce we get in India, is mostly vegetarian. If you are in doubt, just drop it.
- I also add a few drops of stevia to this recipe, just to give it sweet and savory after taste.
- If you want you can do the cooking in butter. And if you are short on time, don’t fry the cottage cheese, just crumble it into the soya sauce once the beans are done.
- You can follow the same procedure for capsicum and broccoli too.
I plan to wind up the Keto Diet Plan for Navratri 2 with a hot cup of Bullet Proof Coffee, with a dollop of heavy cream and my favorite book. Here’s hoping your festive season goes on peacefully, and all your plans to start new ventures go off to a great start.