I have been a big fan of cheesecakes and had this strange notion that they must be very tough to make. So when I ran out of dessert options in Keto, I decided to give it a shot. I must confess that making a cheese cake is not so difficult after all. Another reason I was so reluctant to make them, was because where I live we don’t get cream cheese in the stores. So I did a lot of reading, read many recipes and decided to overcome this hurdle on my own.
At the cost of sounding boastful, I confess that for a novice like me the cheesecakes turned out pretty decent. And I did a smart thing, instead of making one big cake. I divided the batter into six portions, so that i will consume a precise proportion everytime. For those of you who dread cooking and baking, I can assure you that it is pretty simple. All you need is a blender and an oven.
Before I come to the recipe, I must share with you that in the absence of ready made cream cheese, I used hung curd and fresh cottage cheese as a substitute. I simply got a litre of full cream milk, made about 200 gms of cottage cheese from it. On the other hand I always have hung curd or greek yogurt in my fridge, so I used 100 gms of that.
Keto Almond Cheesecake Making Procedure
1. Start by adding the melted butter to the almond flour and mix well. Add the sweetner and mix some more.
2. Now press this mixture at the bottom of your well oiled tin or silicone mold.
3. Cook for fifteen minutes at 200 degrees Celcius, till it becomes nice and golden.
4. In a blender put the cottage cheese and start blending it.
5. Now add the hung curd and keep blending till a smooth cream like consistency is formed.
6. Now add the vanilla essence and blend more.
7. Next add the eggs and the lemon juice.
8. Add the sweetener and blend for another three to four minutes.
9. By now the crust should be ready to come out of the oven.
10. Spoon in your batter and fill them up till the top.
11. They go back in the oven for another 30 minutes at 100 degrees Celcius.
12. Check with a knife after thirty, and if required bake for another 10 minutes.
13. Once out of the oven let them cool on the rack and later let them chill in the fridge before serving.