Uttapam is a variant of dosa and a very popular South Indian dish. Uttapam is thicker and usually served with toppings. It is basically a dosa that is not flipped over. It’s somewhat a desi pizza. Today, we are going to talk about its Keto incarnation i.e. Keto uttapam. The Keto Uttapam recipe qualifies to be among the easiest-to-make keto recipes. Although it requires a range of ingredients, you can savor it within 20 minutes from the time you start making it. Uttapam is apt for having breakfast, snacks, or even adding it to your home party.
How to Prepare Keto Uttapam
Keto Uttapam (Veg Breakfast Dish)
- Non-stick pan
- 3 tbsp Almond flour
- 3 tbsp Mozzarella cheese (Shredded)
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 green chili Finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Cilantro Finely chopped
- 30 gm Onion Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 4 tsp Ghee
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida Optional
- Salt as per taste
- Take a bowl and put all ingredients in it, leave for the ghee and water. Mix thoroughly to form a uniform paste.
- Add water to the bowl, 1 tablespoon at a time. Keep mixing continuously to form a thick paste. Grease a non-stick pan with the ghee and set it aside. Use 2tsp for one serving.
- Make two equal-sized circles, as big as a medium-sized plate.
- On the greased non-stick pan start cooking the Uttapam on medium heat. Ensure the uttapam stays intact i.e. no cracks are there.
- Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until a crust forms. To check so, use a spatula. Now, flip it over gently to the other side and cook again until a crust forms.
- Remove the uttapam from the heat and serve hot with your favorite sauce or chutney.
- Carbohydrates – 5 grams (net)
- Fat – 23 grams
- Fiber – N/A
- Protein – 14 grams
The keto uttapam is a quick recipe that is just as tasty to eat as it is easy to make. The recipe is for you if you’re not into south Indian cuisine but want to try it. And if you’re already into it, you will be more than glad to know how to have it even while on a ketogenic diet plan.
What do you think about the recipe? Do you have your own way of preparing it? Let us know via comments. Our community would love to know. Farewell, until next time!