I have for you today my version of a protein energy bar, that is easy to make, and it tastes super yummy. And unlike a fat bomb, you don’t need to store it in the freezer, the Keto protein bar stays just fine in the refrigerator too. It actually tastes like those protein bars that shout at you from the isles in a mall, urging you to buy one, just because it has Sugar Free and High Protein printed in bold on it.
This the real thing, you don’t need to feel guilty when you bite into this bar, as a single piece has only 1.3 net carbs, so even if you have two, it is perfectly fine. And mind you, I have cut my bar in generous sized pieces. I had chocolate flavored whey at home, so I made my Keto protein bar with that. But you can try it with other flavors too. I wanted extra crunch, so I did not grind the chia seeds, you can also skip the flax seeds if you don’t like them much. Let me know if you liked it and what was your version.
Keto Protein Bar Making Procedure
1. Melt the coconut oil and measure it in a bowl.
2. Place a thick bottomed pan on low heat and pour the coconut oil in it.
3. Ground the almonds and keep them ready.
4. Put the grounded almonds in the oil and keep stirring.
5. Add the sweetener and keep stirring on low heat. If you feel that the oil is getting super hot, switch off the heat for three to four minutes.
6. Next, add the grounded flax seeds and keep stirring.
7. Lastly, add the whey protein, and now when you will stir, you will see that the mixture will become nice and sticky.
8. Measure the chia seeds and add them to the pan and switch off the heat.
9. Line a baking tin with parchment paper and pour this mixture in it.
10. Keep the tin in the deep freezer for at least two hours.
11. After two hours, you just need to lift the bar along with the paper and it comes out very easily.
12. Now chop it up into as big or as small pieces as you desire and store them in an airtight container in the fridge.