Keto Pav Bhaji is regarded in India as the king of street food, especially among the vibrant Mumbai street food. Here, pav means bread and bhaji means spicy vegetable mash. So, Keto Pav Bhaji is, basically, a mix of keto safe bread, had with vegetables along with a lot of mouthwatering spices and butter.
Although there are a variety of ingredients involved in preparing Keto Spicy Cauliflower Mash, the most noticeable ingredient is butter. To make the food, we will simply replace potatoes with cauliflower and the traditional high-carb bread with some Ketogenic bread.
There’s a great deal of flexibility in this Ketogenic recipe for choosing the veggies. You can add cabbage, mushrooms, spinach, beans, broccoli, and of course loads of cauliflower. Cheese can also be used as a garnish at the end. You can try different combinations. Already salivating? Let’s not waste any other moment then!
Keto Pav Bhaji
- Frying pan
- 500 gm Cauliflower grated or finely chopped
- 200 gm Tomatoes chopped
- 150 gm Butter
- 150 gm Green bell pepper
- 100 gm Onions
- 30 gm Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp Pav bhaji masala
- 1 tbsp Cilantro or coriander powder Optional
- 1 tsp Dried fenugreek leaves/Kasuri methi
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ Lime or lemon
- Salt as per taste
- Start by cutting the cauliflower into small pieces. Add the same to a frying pan with a cup of water and place over a medium heat setting.
- Cook the cauliflower for about 10 minutes or until it gets tender.
- Now add the bell peppers, ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon pav bhaji masala, 50 grams of butter, salt, and tomatoes to the mixture. Mix thoroughly and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mash the mixture using a potato masher to get a uniform paste. Keep cooking until the water dries out and then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in the frying pan and add everything to it except the coriander/cilantro, food color, and lime juice. Keep cooking. Cook on medium heat and keep stirring.
- Now, add the cauliflower mixture and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add some water to the mixture and stir to mix. Add more water, if required, to achieve the desired consistency and keep cooking. Add the lime juice.
- Garnish the Keto Spicy Cauliflower Mash with butter, chopped onions, and fresh coriander/cilantro before serving.
- Pair with some yummy Keto Buns and have it hot!
That completes the Keto Pav Bhaji recipe. Did you enjoy it? Let us know in the comments. You can also ask questions or share your suggestions there. Happy eating!
One thought on “Keto Pav Bhaji – Indian Street Food Recipe by Priya”
Thank you so much Priya shared with my mum she’ll prepare for me hopefully :p. I also have a question that can we use tomatoes in the keto diet ?