In continuation of my birthday celebrations, I share with you today the recipe of the Keto Lemon Cheesecake that I baked for myself on my birthday. You know you hit the jackpot, when your Keto dessert disappears from the table. I want you to know that you can make a Keto cake, and make others eat it too.
On my birthday I made Lemon Cheesecake for myself and, am happy to report that my family gobbled it up in no time. Unlike the Cheesecake I had tried earlier, this one had a very interesting base. And since it was my birthday, I got a little frivolous, and did icing with full fat cream too.
The recipe makes a big cake, which can fed to a party of six to eight adults. You are looking at 6g carbs per slice, which is a very impressive number.
Procedure for the filling
1. Make fresh cottage cheese, from whole fat milk, about an hour before you intend to make the cake.
2. Keep the Greek Yogurt or hung curd ready from a day before.For those of you who are wondering why I am using Cottage Cheese and Yogurt, that’s because where I live, we don’t get cream cheese.
3. If you have cream cheese use 8 oz of it.
4. In the mixer add the cottage cheese and the Greek yogurt and start mixing.
5. Add the lemon essence, the sweetener and mix some more.
6. Once the sugar has combined properly start adding the eggs. Add the salt and mix more.
7. Once you get a creamy mixture keep it aside and work on the crust.
Procedure for the Cheesecake crust
1. In the mixer add the softened butter and sweetener and start mixing.
2. Now add the egg and keep mixing.
3. Next add the almond flour and salt.
4. Mix for another two minutes and then add the cocoa.
5. Line a baking tin and spread this cookie crust in it.
6. Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes. Let it cool down completely.
7. Once the crust is cold add the cheesecake filling.
8. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes at 250 degrees. Or until the crust is golden and your knife comes out clean.
9. Once the cake is baked, allow it to cool down for three to four hours.
10. You can now have the cheesecake just like that, or eat it like me.
11. Since it was my Birthday, I whipped some full fat cream and used it for icing the cake.
12. If you plan to make and serve this cake I suggest make it one day before, so that the flavours get enhanced over the night.
I am smiling while writing this post, because i have a box full of cheesecake in my freezer which i can devour piece by piece for a week at least.
(These figures are without the cream icing)