Idlis are tasty but not Ketogenic! That’s the dilemma when you’re an idli-lover and following a Ketogenic diet, but we found a way around that too, with my “Keto idli recipe.”
They are almost as tasty as homemade Rice idli or Rava idli, but in a Ketogenic way, so you won’t be that disappointed… You can enjoy them, with my Keto Coconut Chutney, or simple homemade Mint Chutney.
Keto Idli can be prepared in not more than 15 minutes. You can carry it to work, have it as a snack, and store in the fridge for a week.
The cooking time is measly 3-4 minutes, and prepping up takes only 10 minutes! Already salivating? Let’s start with the ingredients then:
Keto Idli Recipe
- 15 gm Psyllium Husk
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 100 gm Grated Paneer
- 1 tbsp Hung Curd
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Salt as per taste
- Some water (for adjusting dough consistency)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. You can also use a mixer for better mixing.
- Now, add paneer, oil, and hung curd to the mixture. Mix well!
- Form a soft dough out of the mixture by kneading. Add water, if required, to reach desired consistency.
- Divide the dough into 8, equal parts, and roll each of them to form balls.
- Press them from one side against a hard surface, or between your hands to make an idli-like shape.
- Grease a parchment paper and place the idlis on it. Place a water bath below the dish if steaming in a microwave/ or use an idli maker to steam.
- Steam for 3 minutes at high in a microwave, check with a toothpick once done, or for 15 minutes in a steamer on medium heat.
- Take out the cooked idlis, add some garnishing, like fresh-cut coriander or curry leaves. They are all ready to be served on a plate. Serve hot with your favorite sauce(s)!
- If you want to add a South Indian touch, once the idlis are done, heat a teaspoon of Ghee, add half a teaspoon of mustard seeds let them splutter, curry leaves, a pinch of red chilly powder, some salt. And pour this over the semi-warm idlis.
So, there you go, that was all about preparing Keto idlis. You can now get started and have it. Started already? Share your comments, opinions, remarks, suggestions, corrections, etc. via the dedicated comments section below. Until next time!
5 thoughts on “Keto Idli Recipe”
Well the idlis were ok but the colour was light brown and I assume it is because of Psyllium Husk
Thanks so much for sharing !
Would you mind sharing a picture of the dough before you steam it?
I need to know the consistency
I might have made the dough too watery coz my idlis were a disaster😂
When I make them next time, will surely share. Also ensure that the hung curd has little or no water at all.
Thanks a lot priya for an amazing recipe will try it..
Crispy Keto Cauliflower Hash Browns Recipe
कीटो अंडा और मशरूम सूप
Keto Pancakes – Quick and Easy Keto Dessert
Keto Almond Butter Espresso Bars
कीटो तंदूरी टोफू/शाकाहारी व्यंजन
Keto Sesame Chicken Recipe
Keto Instant Pot Cauliflower Curry
प्रिया का कीटो विंटर वेज सूप