Last updated on June 13, 2023
I’ve got a fantastic treat for you—a Keto cake that is perfect for birthdays or any other special occasion with your friends. I can assure you, it’s absolutely amazing. The best part is, despite being low-carb, it doesn’t compromise on texture or flavor. The cake turned out moist and tender, with no crumbliness or dryness. And the best part? Even with the sweetener, there’s no unpleasant aftertaste.
This homemade Keto dark chocolate cake is a winner that you’ll definitely want to try again.
There were a few things I did differently this time, which certainly helped in enhancing the flavor and texture. For instance, I dissolved the cocoa powder in hot water before adding it to the batter. And I also sprinkled the cake with slivered almonds, at half-time of baking the cake. So when the cake was ready, the almonds were nicely toasted on the top.
Since this cake was baked for a birthday, I also did icing on it. I used a well-known brand of Macrapone Cheese and whipped it with Amul Cream and added my favorite Davidoff Coffee to it, to give it a coffee flavor.
I also tried a new brand of Stevia, this time by the name of Magic Leaf, and was very happy with the final result.
Recipe of Keto Dark Chocolate Almond Flour Cake
- Start by taking 3 mixing bowls.
- Boil 150ml of water and sift the cocoa while the water boils.
- Add the hot water to a bowl, add the cocoa and stir till dissolved completely.
- Keep it aside and let it cool.
- In the second bowl add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- In the third bowl or a blender mix together the olive oil, eggs and sweetener till the foam becomes pale yellow in colour. You can also whisk it by hand like I did.
- Slowly add the cocoa solution and keep blending well.
- Now add the almond flour mixture and combine everything together.
- Ensure you preheat your oven to 170°C or 325ºF, for about 8 mins. Grease an 8-inch baking pan with a little oil and keep it ready.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and first bake for 30mins at 180 degrees Celsius. Check with a toothpick at 25 mins and ensure that the cake is not over baked.
- I had added the slivered Almonds at 15mins and by the time they reached the 30mins mark they were nice and toasted.
- My cake was moist at 30mins so I baked it for another ten mins at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Either serve the cake while still warm or wait for it to cool before you start icing it.
- For the icing I whipped together the Mascarpone Cheese and a little Amul cream.
- I also added some Davidoff coffee and very little sweetener to it, to give it the perfect coffee taste.
- After the icing the done I allowed the cake to settle and cool overnight, before serving the next day.
- Calories – 323
- Net Carbs- 3g
- Carbs- 7g
- Fat- 31g
- Protein- 8g
I think I am going to try this dark chocolate cake next time, without the cocoa and probably with walnuts. Give it a try and let me know if you enjoyed it, as much as I did.