A Keto cake, perfect for your friends birthday, or any other special occasion. I promise you, it is amazing. The texture was not crumbly or dry, and despite the sweetener, it had no aftertaste. This Keto dark chocolate was whipped up with ingredients at home and I will be trying it again for sure.
There were a few things I did differently this time, which definitely helped in enhancing the flavour and texture. For instance, I dissolved the cocoa powder in hot water before adding it to the batter. And I also sprinkled the cake with slivered almonds, at half time of baking the cake. So when the cake was ready, the almonds were nicely toasted on the top.
Since this cake was baked for a birthday, I also did icing on it. I used a well-known brand of Macrapone Cheese and whipped it with Amul Cream and added my favourite Davidoff Coffee to it, to give it a coffee flavour.
I also tried a new brand of Stevia this time by the name of ” Magic Leaf “ and was very happy with the final result
Prep Time: 15 mins
Bake Time: 30 mins on 180 degrees and 15 mins on 200 degrees Celcius
Makes: 8 big servings
30gms of Hersheys Dark Unsweetened Cocoa
200gms of Urban Platter Almond Flour
1 Cup or 100gms of sweetener, according to taste, 1 have used Magic Leaf ,
1 pinch of Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
150ml Olive Oil
3 Large Eggs
For the Icing
200gms Mooz Mascarpone Cheese
10gms of Davidoff Coffee
30gms of Amul Whipping Cream
5gms of Sweetener
- Start by taking 3 mixing bowls.
- Boil 150ml of water and sift the cocoa while the water boils.
- Add the hot water to a bowl, add the cocoa and stir till dissolved completely.
- Keep it aside and let it cool.
- In the second bowl add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- In the third bowl or a blender mix together the olive oil, eggs and sweetener till the foam becomes pale yellow in colour. You can also whisk it by hand like I did.
- Slowly add the cocoa solution and keep blending well.
- Now add the almond flour mixture and combine everything together.
Ensure you preheat your oven to 170°C or 325ºF, for about 8 mins. Grease an 8-inch baking pan with a little oil and keep it ready.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and first bake for 30mins at 180 degrees Celsius. Check with a toothpick at 25 mins and ensure that the cake is not over baked.
- I had added the slivered Almonds at 15mins and by the time they reached the 30mins mark they were nice and toasted.
- My cake was moist at 30mins so I baked it for another ten mins at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Either serve the cake while still warm or wait for it to cool before you start icing it.
- For the icing I whipped together the Mascarpone Cheese and a little Amul cream.
- I also added some Davidoff coffee and very little sweetener to it, to give it the perfect coffee taste.
- After the icing the done I allowed the cake to settle and cool overnight, before serving the next day.
I think I am going to try this dark chocolate cake next time, without the cocoa and probably with walnuts. Give it a try and let me know if you enjoyed it, as much as I did.
Nutrition Facts per serving, without icing
Calories – 323
Net Carbs- 3g