Last updated on July 11, 2023
When those hunger pangs strike, nothing beats a delicious and comforting bowl of soup. And today, I have a low-carb bowl of comfort waiting for you: my Keto compliant Cream of Chicken Soup.
This warm, hearty, and healthy dish will satisfy your cravings and leave you guilt-free even if you go for a second or third bowl in the same day.
The Keto Cream of Chicken Soup is the epitome of comfort food that you absolutely must try. For an extra touch of flavor, top it with some chopped chives and crispy bacon. Trust me, even your kids at home will fall in love with this creamy and delicious bowl of goodness.
Also Try: 5 Best Vegetarian Keto Soup Recipes by Priya Dogra.
To make it a complete meal, pair the soup with some Keto bacon balls on the side. The recipe is easy to prepare, and I guarantee it will become your go-to Keto soup recipe, eliminating the need to search any further.
So get ready to elevate your weeknight meals with this incredibly tasty and creamy Ketogenic Soup. Without further ado, let’s dive into the recipe and get cooking!
- 30 gm butter
- 1 small Chopped Onion, Diced
- 140 gm Diced Celery optional
- 450 gm Chicken Breast
- 750 ml Chicken Stock
- 120 gm Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Chives or fresh Coriander chopped
- 2 pieces of Bacon (Optional)
- Salt and Black Pepper as per taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and celery to the pot and cook for 3–5 minutes until softened.
- Add chicken stock to the pot and cover it with a lid.
- Now add the chicken into the pot and cook on sim for 40–50 minutes until it’s cooked through and tender.
- Now, remove the chicken from the pot and use two forks to shred the meat.
- Lower the heat to low and add heavy cream to the pot, bringing it to a simmer.
- Sprinkle xanthan gum over the soup and whisk for 3–5 minutes until it’s thickened.
- Stir in the shredded chicken.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Remove the pot from the heat and sprinkle chopped chives over the top.
- You can also add some fried bacon (Optional)
- Serve the soup and enjoy!
Nutritional Info (per serving)
Do share your views after trying this Keto Cream of Chicken Soup. You may even follow me on Facebook and Instagram to stay updated on my Ketogenic lifestyle and learn more healthy and yummy Ketogenic recipes.