I’ll be honest I was trying to make biscuits, but they turned out to become very fluffy and scrumptious muffins. These Keto Coconut Muffins are easy to make, they are filling and they smell lovely.
I had two of them as they came out of the oven, and was very happy with them. You can have them for breakfast, carry them to work or even have them with your evening tea. I like to slice them in the middle, apply some cheese spread, and have them warm.
A lot will depend on the quality of the coconut flour that you use. I tried them in different flavours. I sprinkled carom seeds on some, cumin on others and dried fenugreek leaves on some. I also kept a muffin plain, in order to compare which one tasted the best. These muffins are easy to make and can be stored in the freezer for over a week.
Keto Coconut Muffins Making Procedure
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Celsius, and grease a pan with coconut oil.
2. In a bowl mix the dry ingredients, like coconut flour, salt and baking powder.
3. In another bowl mix the wet ingredients.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. You can use a blender or do it by hand too.
5. Only add 1 tbsp of water first, add more only if the batter seems very dry. Blend for five minutes.
6. Fill your muffin or biscuit pan with the mixture, and press it down with your hands. Sprinkle the carrom seeds, cumin seeds, and fenugreek leaves on the top.
7. Bake at 250 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes or at 350 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
8. Let them cool completely before you freeze them in a zip lock bag in the refrigerator.
9. Warm them in the microwave, slice them in the middle, apply cheese spread and have them for breakfast.