Last updated on June 10, 2023
I have been on Keto for over a year, and every evening I dedicate fifteen to twenty minutes planning my meals for the next day. And it makes a lot of sense to me, as I stick to the plan the next day, and don’t wonder what to eat and what not to eat. I don’t have to check MFP before eating something new.
Basically, I stay in complete control of what I eat.
I am sharing with you today my lunch for tomorrow. I just finished cooking it. It is in my lunch box. All I need to do in the morning, close the lids and leave for work. Use these lunch ideas, and I am sure life will get easier and simpler for you. Since, you have chosen Keto as a way of life, learn to appreciate the food you eat. Make it interesting and yummy. It might not look fancy and exquisite, but till the time it tastes yum, your job is done. These recipes are ideal for people who are on Keto and are working, students with tight schedules and women who are managing the home, kids, and a job.
I am taking to work tomorrow –
Priya’s Ketogenic Gobhi/Palak Pakora or Cauliflower/Spinach Pakora
1. Cut the cauliflower in small florets, wash in cold water and leave to drain. Do the same for spinach.
2. In a bowl add fresh homemade Greek Yogurt, add the Chings Schezwan sauce and mix well.
3. Add salt and pepper according to taste, remember the sauce also has salt. Add the cauliflower and spinach, mix well and keep aside for fifteen minutes to half an hour.
4. In a flat plate, mix the almond flour and flax seed powder and mix well.
5. Add the paprika powder, a little salt to this mixture and mix some more.
6. In a heavy bottom pan or a grill pan, add half the ghee and heat it.
7. Roll the cauliflower in this dry mixture with a light hand.
8. Start placing the cauliflower lightly and cook on medium heat.
9. Cover the pan and let it cook for five minutes. Now turn them lightly, add the rest of the ghee. Cook some more on low heat and after five to seven minutes the cauliflower pakoras should be ready.
10. Now dab the dry mixture on the spinach leaves and place them on the same pan and cover for five minutes.
11. Open the pan and turn their sides, and now cook with the lid off. In five to seven minutes, the Ketogenic Gobhi/Palak Pakoras will be crisp and ready to eat.
And for dessert,
Priya’s Keto Simple Chia Seed pudding
My lunch is never complete without something sweet. And I can bet you will not find a dessert simpler than this.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Set time: Overnight
Dry Chia Seeds – 5gm
Soft unsweetened Soya Milk – 30ml
Greek whole milk Yogurt/Hung curd – 50 ml
Almonds – 6 pieces
Sweetener of your choice
1. In a bowl or small box that you can carry to work, add unsweetened soya milk.
2. Add fresh whole fat Greek Yogurt and mix well.
3. Add the sweetener of your choice and mix more.
4. Lastly, add the dry chia seeds and mix well.
5. Now close the lid and keep in the fridge overnight.
6. I add my daily quota of 6 almonds to this pudding in the morning. Close the lid and go to work.
Nutrition Break Up
Calories – 119
Net Carbs – 6g
Protein – 7gFat – 7g
TIP: The pictures might not look so fancy, but I guarantee the taste is fantastic, take my word for it! In my pantry, you will always find grounded almonds and flax seeds. In my fridge, you will always find soya milk, coconut milk, and HWC. You can always decrease and increase the quantities according to your macros.