Last updated on June 15, 2023
Many of us who follow the Keto diet often find ourselves longing for the sweet indulgence of “Mishti Doi” or sweetened yogurt. So, I decided to create my own version of this delightful treat.
Introducing my Keto Bhapa Doi, a dessert that closely resembles the flavors of Mishti Doi while adhering to the principles of the Keto diet.
The best part is that it is easy to make and doesn’t require much time. When it’s ready, the perfectly set Bhapa Doi presents a visually appealing sight that will make your mouth water.
There is one drawback to this recipe, though. Unlike the traditional method of setting curd in a warm casserole, you’ll need an oven for my version of Bhapa Doi. It’s possible that you can also achieve the same results using a slow cooker, but I haven’t personally tried it yet. I have used stevia as the sweetener in this recipe, but feel free to use any sweetener of your choice.
Also, my nutrition numbers at the end of the recipe might not match up to yours, as the coconut milk and the Greek yogurt that you might use might have a different break-up.
Bhapa doi is a steamed version of mishti doi, which isn’t as sweet and has a cheesecake-like consistency to it. Bhapa doi, or Bengal’s answer to cheesecake, is often flavored with saffron and cardamom, and sometimes topped with mango purée — Mint.
If you really are up for an adventure then once the yogurt is set, you can sprinkle some unsweetened brown sugar or dark chocolate on top, use a blow torch, voilà you get your very own “Crème Brulee” or “Bhapa doi Brule ”.
If you want to serve this to your friends, I suggest set it in individual bowls and let them guess the ingredients. Also, since Eid is just around the corner, you can make it extra special with this simple dessert.
Eid Mubarak !
Keto Bhapa Doi or Baked Yogurt
- 200 ml Dee Thai Coconut milk
- 75 gm Homemade Greek Yogurt / Hung Curd
- 50 gm Amul Whipping Cream
- 6 Sweetener according to taste
- Chopped Almonds optional
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Measure the coconut milk.
- In a wok put the coconut milk and start heating it on a high flame. Keep stirring it continuously.
- When the coconut milk reduces to half the quantity add the sweetener to it and keep boiling it.
- Now add the cream and reduce the heat to medium.
- Soon the mixture will look thick and the consistency will change.
- Now switch off the heat and let it cool down.
- Measure the Greek yogurt in a bowl.
- Drop the Greek yogurt in a blender. Add the coconut milk mixture.
- Blend for three to four minutes.
- Prepare a water bath for baking. Pour the batter in an oven proof bowl.
- Place the bowl in the water bath and place the dish in the oven.
- Bake it at 250 degrees for twenty five minutes. After this time is over check with a knife and see if it comes out clean.
- If not, then bake for another fifteen minutes.
- Once the baking is done, let it cool down on the kitchen counter. Now place it in the refrigerator and let it cool overnight.
- You can enjoy it the next day, with a garnish of chopped almonds, or just like that.
- Cals – 424
- Carbs – 6 g
- Proteins -10.9 g
- Fats – 44 g