A lot of of us miss ‘mishti doi’ or sweetend yogurt on Keto, doi means yogurt or curd in India. So I tried to make my version of it. My Keto Bhapa Doi resembles the mishti doi or flavored yogurt quite a bit. It is easy to make and not time consuming at all. It sets perfectly and looks like such a pretty sight when ready.
The is only one con in this recipe, that unlike the traditional curd that sets in a warm casserole, you need an oven for this. I am sure it can be done in a slow cooker, but I have never tried it. I have made this recipe with stevia, but you can use any sweetener you like. Also my figures at the end of the recipe might not add to yours, as the coconut milk and the Greek yogurt that you might use might have a different break up.
If you really are up for an adventure then once the yogurt is set, you can sprinkle some unsweetened brown sugar or dark chocolate on top, use a blow torch, voila you get your very own “Crème Brulee” or “Bhapa doi Brule ”.
If you want to serve this to your friends, I suggest set it in individual bowls and let them guess the ingredients. Also since Eid2016 is just around the corner, you can make it extra special with this simple dessert.
Eid Mubarak !
Keto Bhapa Doi or Baked Yogurt
- 200 ml Dee Thai Coconut milk
- 75 gm Homemade Greek Yogurt / Hung Curd
- 50 gm Amul Whipping Cream
- 6 Sweetener according to taste
- Chopped Almonds optional
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Measure the coconut milk.
- In a wok put the coconut milk and start heating it on a high flame. Keep stirring it continuously.
- When the coconut milk reduces to half the quantity add the sweetener to it and keep boiling it.
- Now add the cream and reduce the heat to medium.
- Soon the mixture will look thick and the consistency will change.
- Now switch off the heat and let it cool down.
- Measure the Greek yogurt in a bowl.
- Drop the Greek yogurt in a blender. Add the coconut milk mixture.
- Blend for three to four minutes.
- Prepare a water bath for baking. Pour the batter in an oven proof bowl.
- Place the bowl in the water bath and place the dish in the oven.
- Bake it at 250 degrees for twenty five minutes. After this time is over check with a knife and see if it comes out clean.
- If not, then bake for another fifteen minutes.
- Once the baking is done, let it cool down on the kitchen counter. Now place it in the refrigerator and let it cool overnight.
- You can enjoy it the next day, with a garnish of chopped almonds, or just like that.
- Cals – 424
- Carbs – 6 g
- Proteins -10.9 g
- Fats – 44 g