No one wants stretch marks, and who have them really want to do something to get rid of stretch marks. It was a teen when I had my first encounter with stretch marks. They suddenly appeared on my arms and scared me like hell. The doctor told me that the reason for them was sudden weight gain and loss. Since then they have become an essential part of my body. Most of them have faded over a period of time, others refuse to die down.
When your leather bag becomes wrinkled and old you change it for a new one. Sadly, we can’t do that with our skin. Our skin is primarily made of elastin, which is soft elastic tissue. It can be stretched to a limit, after which it breaks out. Whenever we put extra pressure on our skin, be it pregnancy, sudden weight loss or gain it gets stretched to its limit. It is then that we see purple or red line on the surface of the skin. These lines are the infamous ‘stretch marks’ that we have to live with.
Over a period of time, these lines do fade a little and become whitish and silver in color. But no matter what you do they never go away. You have to be persistent with your efforts, in order to get rid of them. I have for you today some home remedies, that can help you to get rid of stretch marks.
Castor oil has been used for ages for wrinkles, fine lines, and pimples. It can also be used to get rid of stretch marks.
• Massage the stretch marks with castor oil for five to ten minutes.
• Keep a soft towel on the area and apply some heat with the help of a heating pad.
Do this for at least fifteen to twenty minutes.
• Repeat for a month.
Aloe vera has very unique soothing and healing properties. It can be used for various skin problems.
• Rub aloe vera gel on the affected area and let it be for fifteen minutes.
• Wash with lukewarm water.
• Repeat daily
Eggs are very rich in proteins like we all know. Only use the whites for stretch marks.
• Whip the egg white of two eggs.
• With a makeup brush apply the eggs whites to the stretch marks.
• Once the whites dry up completely, wash the area with cold water.
• Apply olive oil.
• Repeat for at least two weeks.
Lemon juice has natural acids that help in healing the skin and reducing the stretch marks.
• Rub the fresh juice of a lemon in circular motions.
• Let the juice be for ten minutes, before rinsing the area with warm water.
• You can also mix equal quantities of lemon juice and cucumber juice.
Sugar is one of the easiest methods to treat stretch marks.
• Mix one tablespoon of sugar with almond oil and apply it on the stretch marks.
• Rub it in for a few minutes every day before you shower.
• Do this continuously for at least a month.
The juice of a potato is known to encourage cell repair and growth.
• Cut a potato in thick slices.
• Rub the slice on the stretch marks for a few minutes. The starch should cover the area completely.
• Once the juice dries off, wash the area with warm water.
The leaves of Alfa Alfa contain all the essential amino acids, which are necessary for healthy skin.
• Mix some alfalfa with chamomile oil to form a paste.
• Massage onto the marks every day.
• Repeat for a few weeks at least.
Cocoa butter has tremendous moisturizing properties. It can help in reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
• Apply a generous amount on the affected area, every morning and night.
• Do this for a few months at least.
Olive oil is very rich in nutrients and antioxidants. It can greatly help in reducing stretch marks.
• Warm some good quality extra-virgin olive oil. Massage it into the affected areas.
• The oil will improve the blood circulation and help in the reduction of stretch marks.
• Leave it for half an hour.
• You can also mix olive oil with water and vinegar and use it as a night cream.
Avoid using creams with harsh chemicals and harmful side effects. Since, my advent on Keto, my body has burst into millions of stretch marks. They are everywhere. But I can’t complain about them, as they are a harsh reminder of the unhealthy and unfit life that I was leading earlier.
They are a small price to pay for the life term benefits that I stand to gain from a Ketogenic lifestyle
Like they say- to gain some, you lose some.