Last updated on October 2, 2021
If you like wantons and miss them on Keto! Then these rolls should give you some comfort..
The secret of this recipe is – rice cauliflower. It is incredibly simple to make homemade riced cauliflower, but you might purchase it pre-made as well. Today’s recipe is an indulgence of a comfort meal! It is gluten-free, wheat-free, low-glycemic, and paleo-compliant, too.
If you are eliminating carbohydrates because of allergies, minimizing carbohydrates because you want to reduce your insulin resistance, wanting to shed some extra pounds leftover from the holidays, or just looking for super tasty comfort food, this Keto stuffed cabbage is exactly what you need!
Keto Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Deep skillet (or large pot)
- Paper towel
- Sharp Knife
- Food processor or kitchen grater
- Large bowl
- Large pot
- 12 Cabbage leaves
- 200 gm Riced cauliflower, medium size
- 3 Green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup chopped coriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cheese Optional
Ingredients for sauce
- 100 gm Diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
Preparation for the Sauce
- In a blender, mix the tomatoes, and add to it apple cider vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and oregano.
- To this, add salt and pepper according to the requirement.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, deep skillet (or large pot).
- Add the pureed tomato sauce to the pot and bring the stove to a simmer, then reduce to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes, until mildly thickened.
- Stuffed cabbage recipes are versatile in nature and can be filled with any ingredient of your choice. You can stuff them with paneer, rice (regular or cauliflower) or chicken, or anything of your choice. Today we shall stuff it with some cauliflower rice.
Preparation of Cauliflower Rice
- To prepare cauliflower rice, first, wash and dry the cauliflower using a paper towel and also cut all the green leaves attached to it.
- Using a paper towel to wash and pat-dry the cauliflower, then cut all the green leaves.
- Cut and put the cauliflower into tiny florets in your food processor.
- Pulse until the cauliflower resembles “rice grains “.
- If you don’t have a food processor don’t despair, use your kitchen grater and grate the cauliflower from the finest edge.
Preparation of Filling
- Put the cauliflower rice in a large bowl.
- To that add some salt, diced onions, pepper, and 1/2 cup of sauce.
- You can add cheese to the filling although it is optional. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
Preparation of Stuffed Cauliflower
- In a large pot, blanch some cabbage leaves and add some water, and heat it. Add some vinegar and salt to the water. Remove the pot from the heat When the leaves start to soften and change their colour to yellowish. Drain the cabbage and let it cool down.
- To flatten the leaves, carefully slice off the raised surface of the rough centre stem using a sharp knife. This method would make it simpler to roll them.
- Place about 2 tbsp of the mixture just over the cabbage leaf’s stem section.
- Roll it like a burrito, and stuff ends up in both. Repeat the same procedure with the other cabbage leaves.
- In a dish, arrange the stuffed rolls of cabbage.
- Over the rolls, pour the remaining sauce and add about 1 cup of the reserved water (from the cabbage).
- Cover your pot and cook covered for about 15 mins or until the filling is completely cooked.
- At half-time, check the rolls and note the amount of liquid. Add in any more reserved water if there is not much liquid left.
- Before you serve, garnish it with parsley.
- Total Fat- 8.0 grams
- Saturated Fat- 5.0 grams
- Total Carbohydrate- 7.6 grams