Last updated on July 12, 2023
When it comes to indulging in fried fish, there are countless ways to create a dish that is both delectable and satisfying. However, as a follower of the Ketogenic diet, I prefer to keep my recipes healthy and low in carbs. That’s why I decided to give a Keto twist to my beloved masala fish fry.
Last weekend, I prepared this tantalizing Keto masala fish fry using a simple shallow frying technique with butter, although you can opt for olive oil or coconut oil as well. This recipe is a wonderful addition to your Keto lifestyle, providing a quick and easy option for a delicious meal.
Also Try: Selected 8 Keto Fish Recipes by Priya Dogra.
The process is quite simple. I marinate the fish with a combination of my favorite spices and then proceed to shallow fry it until it turns delightfully crisp on the outside while remaining tender and flavorful on the inside.
What I loved about this recipe is that you can enjoy this scrumptious fish fry alongside some boiled or grilled veggies, or pair it with my Keto Broccoli Jalapeño Soup for a complete and satisfying meal.
What’s more, this dish can be prepared in just 10–15 minutes, saving you precious time in the kitchen. And the best part? Your non-Keto friends can also relish this dish without any reservations, as it is incredibly tasty.
If you are interested to make it for yourself or any fish lover in your house, here is the recipe for this amazing dish that is full of nutrition and taste.
- Fish Fillet 100 gm
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- ½ tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Haldi Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped fine
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tbsp Husk
- ¼ tsp Chilli powder
- Clean the fish (any fish of your choice) and then drain all water away.
- Mix turmeric powder, garlic paste, chili lemon juice, and coriander leaves. After that, coat the pieces of fish and leave them aside for around 20 minutes for marination.
- Now, put oil in a pan, coat the fish pieces in chili and husk powder, and put them in the pan for frying.
- You have to cover the pan with its lid for a few minutes to let the fish cook properly from one side. Now, flip the fish pieces and cook their other sides too. Keep doing it until the fish pieces are crispy.
- Serve with onion rings and lemon juice.
- Remove all moisture thoroughly during the marination process.
- The most crucial part to make any fish recipe is to select the best quality fish. If you do so, half your work is done. So, select carefully.
- After using the lemons, keep their skins to rub onto your hands. When you rub the lemon juice and skins on the front and back of the hands, you easily get rid of the fish smell and your hands are lemony fresh.
You are going to love this Keto Masala Fish Fry recipe, so get started today. If you love to eat fish, do check out my other Keto fish recipes too. Also, stay tuned for more content on Keto weight loss, health, and recipes. You may even follow me on Facebook and Instagram for everyday information on a healthy Keto Lifestyle.
Be happy and keep cooking!