Last updated on August 4, 2023
When the temperatures drop, and you need something to warm you up from the inside out, there’s nothing quite like a steaming bowl of soup. And when it comes to comfort food, chicken soup is an absolute classic.
Today, I’m excited to share with you my favorite recipe for Keto parallel of Low Carb Chicken Soup. This soup is not only incredibly delicious, but it’s also a perfect centerpiece for a comforting dinner, especially on those chilly days.
Also Try: 5 Best Vegetarian Keto Soup Recipes by Priya Dogra.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s not only flavorful but also packed with wholesome ingredients. Loaded with vegetables, protein, and fiber, this soup will keep you full and satisfied. It’s a complete meal in itself, providing you with the nourishment you need to power through your day.
One of the great things about this Low Carb Chicken Soup is its versatility. You can enjoy it as is, or you can pair it with some Keto Bacon Balls for a delightful combination of flavors.
The bacon balls add a touch of richness and balance out the soup perfectly. Trust me, you won’t want to miss out on that deliciousness, especially during the colder months.
Also Try: 34 Best Low-Carb Indian Foods.
If you’re in the mood for a little extra indulgence, top your Mexican Chicken Soup with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. It adds a wonderful depth of flavor and a touch of creaminess that will elevate your soup to a whole new level. And don’t forget to serve it with a side of Keto toast for some added crunch and satisfaction.
So get ready to warm up your chilliest winter night with my Keto Mexican Chicken Soup. Every spoonful is packed with flavor and cozy feelings. Here’s a quick recipe.
Keto Low-Carb Chicken Soup
- large stockpot
- a large bowl
- 800 grams chicken breasts
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 medium chopped carrots
- 2 medium chopped celery, optional
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 medium chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons Diced Tomatoes
- Take a large stockpot. Add water, chicken breast vegetables, and all seasonings to it.
- Bring the pot contents to a boil on low heat. Cook the contents on low heat for 1-1½ hours until the chicken is tender and falling off in small pieces.
- After that off the heat and carefully remove the chicken from the pot and place it in a large bowl. When the chicken is cold begin to pull the meat off in small pieces. Discard bones.
- Turn off the heat and carefully remove the chicken from the pot. Place chicken in a large bowl and begin to pull the meat off of the bone. Set chicken meat aside and discard bones.
- Now, add lime zest and lime juice to the stock and vegetable mixture. Using an immersion blender, carefully mix the soup until very smooth. Re-adjust seasoning according to your taste preferences.
- Now, put in diced tomatoes and stir for a while. After that put back the chicken meat to the pot, stir, and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish the soup with fresh cilantro, avocado, and lime juice.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I am sure your family will also love this Keto Mexican Chicken Soup and ask for it more often. If they don’t, I recommend you to try Keto Chicken Zoodle Zucchini Soup.