Last updated on August 18, 2023
Fish is a versatile ingredient that offers endless possibilities in the kitchen. Its simplicity and ease of cooking make it a delightful choice for any meal. Living in Shimla, where fish options may be limited, the arrival of King Fish becomes a special occasion worth savouring. However, you can use the fillet of any fresh fish for this recipe and still achieve delicious results.
Today, I have a wonderfully simple grilled fish recipe to share with you. With just a few ingredients and less than an hour of cooking time, you can create a memorable dish that will have your family asking for more. Whether you choose to grill the fish in a microwave with convection functions, a tandoor, or a heavy-based grill pan with a lid, the flavours will infuse beautifully into the fish.
One of the remarkable qualities of this recipe is its delicate balance of flavours that penetrate the fish. If you’re concerned about the typical fishy smell, let me assure you that this fish does not smell at all.
To complete the meal, I served the grilled fish with a side of colourful vegetables like capsicum, beans, baby corn, and broccoli. The combination was so satisfying that even the kids didn’t feel the need for bread on the side, making me very happy indeed.
Also Read: Best Keto Fish Recipes by Priya Dogra for a Healthy You
Keto Italian Grilled Fish Recipe
- 4 kg King Fish, cut into neat fillets
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Thyme, dried
- 2 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- Pink Salt
- Table Salt
- Wash the fish and cut it into pieces. Make diagonal slits on the skin side.
- Now measure out the dry spices on a plate. Take out the dried Thyme, Rosemary, Salt, Pepper and Paprika powder. Mix them well with your hands.
- Now place the washed and dried fish in the dish in which you want to marinade the fish. Apply the dried spices marinade mix to the fish. Measure out the oil and apply it to the fish too, till the time the fish is coated well with the spice mix.
- Allow the fish to marinade for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Celsius and place the fish on a grilling rack.
- Grill the fish for 15 mins at 350 degrees Celsius, along with the high power function of the micro. Remember to turn the fish after 8 minutes.
- After the remaining eight to ten minutes the fish will be ready to be served. Add a small portion of any veggies you want, like broccoli or capsicum and serve it hot.
- Cals – 347
- Net Carbs – 0 gms
- Fats- 18 gms
- Protein- 43 gms
Also Read: Keto Lemon Butter Sauce Fish