I am all excited about Valentine’s, and I hope that you are too. Love and romance is in the air! It is the perfect time to bake a cake for your Valentine. Never mind if he or she is on Keto or not. Bake a cake that will make your day memorable, and you super proud of yourself, for achieving this feat.
I have for you today Keto Cranberry and Brandy Cake!
I have finished baking and decorating a cake for my Valentine, and I couldn’t wait to share the recipe with you. And the amazing part is yet to come. Actually, there are two amazing parts. Firstly, this is an absolutely vegetarian cake, no eggs at all. Secondly, this is my version of a plum cake as it has a shot of brandy in it. And please don’t start feeling guilty about, can we, should we, what if? It’s Valentine’s, time to celebrate life, and appreciate the joy and love in it.
Anyway you are not going to devour the whole cake at one go, remember how we used to do that in our pre-Keto lives. So just relax and start baking, as you only have two days to go. On a serious note, if you don’t have cranberries and brandy, go ahead and skip it. Also, the icing is optional too, but I really wish that you did it. The nutritional values at the end are without the icing though.
Keto Cranberry and Brandy Cake Making Procedure
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees Celsius. About an hour before you start the prep soak your cranberries in brandy and keep them aside.
2. In the blender first add the grounded almonds, grounded flax seeds and the baking powder and soda. Blend for a minute.
3. Add the salt, oil and blend some more.
4. Next add the sweetener and blend for three to four minutes.
5. Now you need to add the Greek yogurt and blend for a minute or so, until a fine consistency is reached.
6. Take out the batter in a bowl and add the vanilla essence, and mix with a light hand.
7. Finally, add the brandy and the cranberries and fold the batter lightly.
8. Oil the dish you want to bake the cake in and drop the batter in it.
9. Since it was Valentine’s I added a food color, which said red on the outside. But on adding it, my batter turned orange.
10. My oven does not go beyond 250 degrees Celsius. So I baked at 250 degrees for 15 minutes and later at 180 degrees for another 15 minutes. Check with a tooth pick if it is cooked in the middle.
11. Allow the cake to cool overnight before doing anything to it.
12. In the morning I tried covering it with whipped cream with a drop of stevia added to it. You can also keep it plain. Kept it in the fridge for a few hours.
13. Once the cream was set I dusted Hershey’s Cocoa on it and allowed that to set too.
14. Lastly, I had these cake decorations at home, which were perfect for this occasion. And they are for my beau, and they do have sugar, i hope will be delighted with the effect.
15. The cake can be cut in 9 very decent pieces. You can freeze the cake and extend your Valentine celebrations for a week, by having a piece everyday.
Tip: If you don’t tell, nobody can guess that this is not a regular cake.
Also Read: Priya’s Keto Kulfi | Indian Ice Cream