As the days grow shorter and the outdoor air freezes, I find myself craving something hot and satisfying. With my metabolic activity at its peak during this beautiful time of the day, I never miss an opportunity to enjoy a snack that warms me from the inside out.
And what better way to satisfy my cravings than with a steaming bowl of delicious soup that fills the air with its tantalizing aroma and entices my taste buds with its comforting heat.
Also Try: 5+ Quick Keto Egg Recipes
Living in Shimla, where cold and snowy days are a norm, a bowl of heart-warming soup has always been my go-to companion. If you’re yearning for a steaming bowl of soup to combat the frosty winters, I highly recommend trying my favorite Keto-compatible Egg Drop Soup. It’s soothing, simple to make, and perfect for those wintry evenings.
This Egg Drop Soup is not only incredibly flavorful, but also a complete meal in itself. It’s light on the tummy and easy to prepare. To add some balance and not miss out on the essential fats, I love pairing it with Keto Bacon Balls, especially during the winters. Trust me, this soup will quickly become your favorite, just like it is mine.
This recipe yields 2 servings, allowing you to cook and keep one serving ready for the next day.
Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Instant pot
For the chicken stock
- 500 gm Chicken with bone
- 2 Bay leaves
- 15 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 25 gm Fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 500 ml Water
For the egg drop soup
- 500 ml Chicken stock If the stock yield is less than 500ml just add water and salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- Start by putting all the ingredients mentioned above in a pressure cooker and cook them for 30 minutes on medium or low flame.
- After 30 minutes, strain out the stock carefully, set the chicken pieces aside and shred them in small to medium size (as per your convenience).
- Now heat the stock in an instant pot on the stove, and add in the white part of spring onion to it. Stew it on low flame for 5 minutes. Let the flavour of spring onion infuse properly in the broth.
- After that add in the shredded chicken piecesinto the bowl and then add in soya sauce and sesame oil.
- Beat two eggs in another bowl and pour the mixture into the broth. Wait for 10 seconds before stirring the soup to allow the eggs to set on the surface before breaking up.
- Cook for 5 more minutes and add the green part of the spring onion to it.
- Garnish the soup with some freshly cracked black pepper and serve hot.
I am sure you’ll love this irresistible soup Recipe and its rich flavors. Its filling, refreshing taste will make you cozy when it’s cold outside. I am sure your friends and family will also love it and ask for it more often. Do let me know in the comment section how you like this recipe.
Have a fun winter!