Last updated on June 10, 2023
The weekend is here and just because you are on Keto, doesn’t mean that you can’t party and have a good time. Adding to my list of famous dishes from India, I am today sharing my recipe for Keto Tandoori Chicken or barbecued chicken.
We start off with breakfast, which I think should be the most exciting meal of the day. If you start the day on a good note, then even if somebody is having muffins in the cubicle next to yours, you won’t feel a thing.
Scrambled Eggs with Bulletproof Coffee
Beat three eggs to a fluffy stage with salt and pepper. I like to have them with crispy fried bacon, but that’s entirely your choice. If you can get bacon bits, then that’s even better. Add some ghee to a pan and pour in the egg mixture. Sprinkle in some oregano, chilly flakes. My twist in these eggs is to add a dash of Sriracha and make them really hot and mouth watering.
I like to wash down my spicy eggs with my absolute favorite mug of Bullet proof coffee with butter and coconut oil.
Capsicum/Peppers stuffed with Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
Capsicum and Broccoli in moderation have become my favorite veggies on the Keto diet. For this recipe, you will need medium-sized capsicums that have space for filling. You can go for any color of capsicum.
- 3 to 4 Capsicums/ Peppers
- ½ to 1 cup Cottage Cheese grated
- ½ cup of onions Chopped (optional )
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly powder, optional
- ¼ tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- White and Pink Salt to taste
- Completely remove seeds from the capsicums and cut out their tops.
- In a bowl add the cottage cheese, onions, lemon juice, cumin powder, turmeric salt and red chili powder.
- Mix well and add ½ tsp of olive oil and mix more.
- Stuff the capsicums with this cheese stuffing.
- Now either cover the capsicums with foil or attach the tops back with a toothpick. Preheat the oven and set the mode to oven and grill.
- Grill properly until the skin of the capsicum looks all shriveled up. I like to apply some olive oil to the capsicums on the outside too, in order to enhance the grilling process.
Cauliflower fried rice
I have seen in-numerous recipes for Cauliflower fried rice on the Internet. This is my version of it.
- Cut the florets of a cauliflower and put them in a food processor. You can also use a hand garter.
- Make a fine, fluffy mixture that resembles rice.
- In a wok add some ghee, a few cloves of garlic and fry till golden.
- Now add the cauliflower, salt, pepper, and a pinch of chilly flakes.
- Cook some more, but prevent the rice from looking like a mash. You can also add some freshly chopped cilantro or coriander at the end. Your Keto friendly fried rice is ready.
Keto Tandoori Chicken
Tandoori chicken is essentially chicken that’s having been marinated with spices and yogurt for some time. It is always cooked over an open fire, grill or in a tandoor. And I can bet that by the time you will get your second batch out of the fire, the first one will be long gone.
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 20 to 25 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1 whole Chicken cut into 12 or 8 pieces, or just chicken legs
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
- 2 tbsp lemon Juice
- 1 cup Greek Full Fat yogurt
- 2 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- ½ tsp Chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Red Food colour, optional
- Start by making incisions all over the chicken with a fork or a knife.
- Make a paste of half of the red chilly powder, lemon juice and salt.
- Apply it thoroughly over the chicken and let it rest for half an hour.
- In the Greek yogurt add the rest of the Kashmiri red chilly powder, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, garam masala powder, two tablespoons of olive oil and salt.
- Rub and marinate this on the chicken and set it in the fridge for three to four hours.
- When you are ready to eat, cook the Keto Tandoori Chicken on skewers and cook on a moderate hot fire or in a preheated oven at 200 °C/392 °F. In a matter of ten to twelve minutes they will be fully done. Marinate the chicken once with ghee and let it cook for another three to four minutes. Remove from the fire and let it rest.
Before serving, remember to sprinkle chaat masala on it.