Last updated on June 19, 2023
I must confess, I have a weakness for all things sweet. No meal is complete for me without a delectable dessert. And just because I’m following a Keto lifestyle, it doesn’t mean I have to deprive myself of this pleasure.
Initially, when you embark on the Keto journey, you’re determined to resist all cravings. But as your body adjusts, there are days when you long for comforting treats or something to indulge in.
That’s when Keto Desserts come to the rescue. I’m always on the lookout for non-Keto recipes that can be transformed into Keto-friendly delights.
Today, I bring you my version of a Keto Chocolate Lava Cake, a true savior for many occasions.
Why look any further when you can have a lava cake? Picture a warm, soft, and gooey cake that melts in your mouth, transporting you to your own personal space of food heaven.
To add an extra touch, I had a small box of Amul Sugar-free Ice cream at home, which I drizzled over the warm cake to create a delightful icy lava effect. You’ll be amazed by the cake’s incredible tenderness and lightness, and the best part is, it’s gluten-free.
This cake can be easily made in the microwave or a conventional oven. I chose to microwave it, and within a mere one minute and thirty seconds, it was ready to be devoured.
Keto Chocolate Lava Cake Making Procedure
- 2 tbsp Welkfields Sugar free Cocoa
- 1 tbsp Sweetener according to your taste
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp Amul Whipping Cream
- ¼ Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pinch of salt
For the Lava:
- Amul Probiotic Sugar-Free Icecream
- Take bowl and add the sweetener and the cocoa to it.
- Mix it properly and ensure that there are no lumps in it.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg lightly and then add it to the cocoa mixture.
- Add the baking powder, salt, cream and the vanilla essence and whisk more.
- Now oil the tin in which you plan to bake the cake. Pour your batter in the tin.
- You can either bake at 350 degrees Celsius for 15 mins or use the microwave.
- I baked the cake for 1 min in the microwave. After the minute is up check the cake. If it is wobbly at the top, micro for another ten seconds.
- You can have the cake right away. But please be a little careful as the bowl will be very hot from outside.
- I had some Amul Probiotic Icecream in my freezer, which I was going to put to good use.
- So you can either top the cake with whipped cream or ice cream or have it just like that.
- But since we are making a molten lava cake I decided to use the ice-cream. While the cake is still hot add a scoop of ice cream to it.
- Now use a knife to loosen the edges of the cake. Place a plate on the bowl and turn it upside down.
- Tap a few time if the cake is refusing to budge. Your molten lava cake is ready to eat.
- You now have ice cold ice cream smooched below hot chocolate cake. Use a spoon to break into the cake and the ice cream will ooze out of it.
- And don’t think just gobble it up before somebody asks for a bite.
- Cals – 169
- Carbs – 8 gm
- Proteins – 10 gm
- Fats – 10 gm
Tips: This is the first time I have used Welkfield Cocoa and I can tell you that the taste is very good. If you do not like to break any rules, then use coconut milk instead of heavy cream or even almond milk will do. If you want to increase the fat content, then add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the batter. And it is suggested to make 1 portion at one time so that you stay within your macros. For those of you who found the Keto Chocolate Cake too complicated, this will be a walk in the park.