I can safely say that I don’t have one but all sweet teeth. I have to eat a sweet dish after every meal. And just because I am on Keto, I am not going to starve myself of this pleasure. When you go on Keto the first few weeks you are strong and determined to cut out all cravings. But once your body gets adjusted there are days when you look for comfort food or something to pamper yourself with. This is when Keto Desserts come very handy. I am always on the look out for non-Keto recipes which can be converted into Keto foods. I have for you today my version of a Keto Chocolate Lava Cake, which will become your savior, on many occasions, I am sure.
So why go far, just make a lava cake. Yes I am talking of a warm, soft and gooey cake which will melt in your mouth and transport you to personal space of food heaven. And I happen to have a small box of Amul Sugarfree Icecream at home, which I added to the warm cake, to give it a cold icey lava effect. You will be surprised at the softness and fluffiness of the cake and remember it is gluten free.
You can make this cake in the microwave or a convectional oven too. I microwaved it and it was absolutely ready in one minute and thirty seconds.
Keto Chocolate Lava Cake Making Procedure
- 2 tbsp Welkfields Sugar free Cocoa
- 1 tbsp Sweetener according to your taste
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp Amul Whipping Cream
- ¼ Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pinch of salt
For the Lava:
- Amul Probiotic Sugar-Free Icecream
- Take bowl and add the sweetener and the cocoa to it.
- Mix it properly and ensure that there are no lumps in it.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg lightly and then add it to the cocoa mixture.
- Add the baking powder, salt, cream and the vanilla essence and whisk more.
- Now oil the tin in which you plan to bake the cake. Pour your batter in the tin.
- You can either bake at 350 degrees Celsius for 15 mins or use the microwave.
- I baked the cake for 1 min in the microwave. After the minute is up check the cake. If it is wobbly at the top, micro for another ten seconds.
- You can have the cake right away. But please be a little careful as the bowl will be very hot from outside.
- I had some Amul Probiotic Icecream in my freezer, which I was going to put to good use.
- So you can either top the cake with whipped cream or ice cream or have it just like that.
- But since we are making a molten lava cake I decided to use the ice-cream. While the cake is still hot add a scoop of ice cream to it.
- Now use a knife to loosen the edges of the cake. Place a plate on the bowl and turn it upside down.
- Tap a few time if the cake is refusing to budge. Your molten lava cake is ready to eat.
- You now have ice cold ice cream smooched below hot chocolate cake. Use a spoon to break into the cake and the ice cream will ooze out of it.
- And don’t think just gobble it up before somebody asks for a bite.
- Cals – 169
- Carbs – 8 gm
- Proteins – 10 gm
- Fats – 10 gm
Tips: This the first time I have used Welkfield Cocoa and I can tell you that the taste is very good. If you do not like to break any rules, then use coconut milk instead of heavy cream or even almond milk will do. If you want to increase the fat content then add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the batter. And is suggest make 1 portion at one time so that you stay within your macros. For those of you who found the Keto Chocolate Cake too complicated, this will be a walk in the park.
One thought on “Priya’s Keto Chocolate Lava Cake”
That looks delicious. I love lava cakes and had one few days ago. Didn’t know they were this easy to make 🙂