Last updated on September 13, 2023
Traditionally, Shami Kebabs are made with ground meat and legumes, but in this Keto version, I replaced the lentils with a combination of almond and coconut flour. This substitution not only keeps the dish low in carbs, but also adds a nutty and flavorful element to the kebabs.
Shami kabab or shaami kabab is a local variety of kebab, originating from the Indian subcontinent. It is a popular dish in modern-day Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi cuisines. It is composed of a small patty of minced meat, generally beef, but occasionally lamb or mutton (a chicken version exists as well), with ground chickpeas, egg to hold it together, and spices — Wikipedia.
Prepare yourself for a delectable culinary experience as you savour these Shami Kebabs. They are perfect for a quick meal or as a delightful appetizer for your guests. Enjoy the taste and texture of these kebabs without compromising your Keto lifestyle.
Keto Chicken Shami Kebab
- Non-stick pan
Stage 1: Cook the ground meat
- 500 gm Grounded Chicken Meat
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder according to taste
- 1 tsp Chat masala powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp Onion Onion powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
Stage 2: Make the Mixture of Kebab
- 100 gm Almond flour
- 100 gm Coconut flour
- Egg whites of 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp of Sliced Coriander leaves
- 6 tsp Ghee for frying
- Mix all of the ingredients, with a light hand and make a soft dough.
- Giving the dough time to rest after kneading. Now roll them in small balls and flatten them in your palm.
- On a non-stick pan heat the ghee on medium heat.
- Fry the kebabs until golden on all sides.
- Serve hot with fresh mint chutney.
My recommended Keto food that you can buy on Amazon.