I confess that I miss biscuits on my Keto Lifestyle, so I had to figure out a recipe that takes care of my biscuity craving. The key to enjoying this recipe is patience!
Patience for controlling yourself to eat the biscuits only once they are completely cool. And once they are cool, patience to only have one or two in a day. Very tough tasks both of them..
Preparing Keto cheese biscuits is easy and takes only about 30 minutes, and out of that only 12 to 16 minutes is the cooking time. Although Ketogenic, these biscuits didn’t compromise with the taste while significantly reducing carbs (net) to mere 3 grams per serving.
The Keto recipe combines a cheesy flavor with a buttery taste that makes it a perfect satiating snack, suitable for casual eating as well as for special occasions. Moreover, you can store keto cheese biscuits to consume later.
Ingredients required for Keto Cheese Biscuit
Total Servings – 12
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 12 to 16 minutes (Additional 10 minutes for cooling)
Ingredients for Biscuits
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 egg (large) [whisked]
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or coconut cream
Ingredients for Topping
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, or coriander, or mint (chopped), optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- You can also reduce the calorie intake that each serving of the keto cheese biscuit offers. To do so, reduce the scoop size to prepare smaller biscuits.
How to Prepare Keto Cheese Biscuit
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 3500F.
2. Take a large bowl and add almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and sea salt to it. Stir thoroughly.
3. Next, add the egg, butter, and heavy cream and continue stirring until you get a smooth blend. Add the cheddar to it and form a dough. You don’t need to continuously stir, do the mixing lightly.
4. By using a cookie or ice cream scoop, form 12 round-shaped biscuits on the lined baking sheet. As the biscuits will spread during baking the distance between the same should be at least 2 inches.
5. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 12 to 16 minutes or until the biscuits turn modestly firm and golden.
6. Allow the keto cheese biscuits to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Now, mix all the topping ingredients and brush the biscuits with them.
8. The Keto cheese biscuits are now ready to serve!
- To store the Keto cheese biscuits for later consumption, you must refrigerate them. You can store them in the refrigerator for 5 days max. To consume, gently reheat the biscuits in the oven until warm.
Nutritional Information for Keto 1 Cheese Biscuit
Energy – 265 kcal
Carbohydrates – 5 grams
Fat – 24 grams
Fiber – 2 grams
Protein – 8 grams
Hope you will like the delectable and healthy keto snacks recipe. Feel free to share your views, opinions, remarks, etc. via the dedicated comments window below. Eat healthily and stay safe!