Last updated on June 27, 2023
Craving a juicy burger but want to stay true to your low-carb and Ketogenic diet? Here are quick and easy Keto diet suitable Burger Buns!
These homemade buns not only provide a bread-like texture, but also perfectly complement your favorite burger creations.
With just a handful of ingredients and less than 30 minutes of your time, you can whip up these delicious and healthy Keto buns. In fact, the preparation time is a mere 10 minutes, followed by just 13 minutes of baking.
Here is the step-by-step instructions on how to prepare the Keto hamburger buns:
Keto Burger Buns Recipe
- Food processor
- 1¼ Cups Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg (Large)
- Oat Fiber 500/Protein Powder 2 Tablespoons
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Take a microwave-safe bowl and mix cream cheese with mozzarella cheese in it.
- Microwave the bowl for 1 minute. Then take it out, stir the mixture and microwave for another 30 seconds or so
- Now, put the cheese in a food processor along with the egg. Keep processing until the mixture runs smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the food processor and keep processing until a sticky dough forms.
- Take it out and let it cool in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Preheat the microwave to 400F and place a tray in the oven.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Now, remove the hamburger bun dough from the freezer and divide it into 5 equal pieces.
- Rub a little oil on your hands and then roll each dough part into a ball.
- Put all the balls on the parchment paper and gently flatten each of them.
- Bake the buns for 12 minutes or until they turn brown
- Remove the buns from the microwave and let them cool while letting them stay on the baking sheet for some minutes
- Have them served right away or store them in an airtight container and inside the refrigerator. Consume within 10 days from the day of cooking
- If the rolls start to flatten out excessively, add 2 tablespoons of almond flour
- If the dough is too hard or dry, microwave it for 15 to 20 seconds
Fats – 25 grams
Fiber – 3 grams
Protein – 14 grams