Like me, I am sure many of you need no reason to have a mug muffin, a piece of cake, or any other sweet. After a long day at work, I surely look for something comforting to eat. And if my day ends on a sweet note, it’s a day well spent. Being on Keto does not imply that you have to give up eating all the things you love. I have been a big foodie all my life and continue to be so, even after being on Keto. I have for you today the recipe of Keto Flax and Cranberry Mug Muffin that is ready in five minutes and tastes super comforting. And since it is made with flax seeds it is super healthy, and full of nutrition. In my last shopping trip I got hold of dried unsweetened cranberries and blueberries. I have used the cranberries in this recipe. But you can make it without them too. I am very sure that this dessert will become your all time favorite.
Procedure Keto Flax and Cranberry Mug Muffin
1. I have used 24 Mantra Organic Flax Seeds for this recipe, and grinder them fresh. You can use any flax seed powder of your choice.
24 Mantra Organic Flax Seeds, 200g
2. In your favorite mug add the melted ghee.
3. Next add the flax seeds powder.
4. Add the baking powder and sweetener of your choice and mix well.
5. Beat an egg and add to the mug. Mix some more.
6. Add the cinnamon powder and mix well, till you get a fine batter.
7. Drop the cranberries on top of the batter. Do not mix.
8. Place the mug in the micro, and cook on high for 1 minute only.
9. If you are using frozen berries then micro for 1 min and 30 seconds.
10. Spread some butter on top, and have it hot.
Tip: Next time when I make this muffin, I am going to make it with butter instead of ghee and I will probably add some cream and cocoa to it. But I totally loved this simple and delicious version too.
This is my version with cocoa and cream-
6 thoughts on “Keto Flax and Cranberry Mug Muffin”
I came across your blog as I was searching for Keto recipes. Thank you for sharing all these wonderful recipes. I tried this recipe today twice but it keeps coming out bitter. I used butter & unsweetened cocoa. Do you think it would be the baking soda?
Wat sweetener did you use ? Could be the baking powder. I make this often.
Natvia ( stevia) . I’ll try reducing the baking soda then. Thanks for replying.
I’ll try reducing the baking soda then. The sweetener I use is natvia ( stevia) Thanks for replying.
Ok.. Let me know if it helped.
I tried this and it turned out to be a great guilt free indulgence.
It was so fluffy and amazing. I used cocoa powder for chocolate muffin. I had tried this recipe earlier too when i was not on keto with maida. but it didnt had not turned out to be as good as this one.
This one was super awesome.
God bless your soul. Must try recipe for all who have a sweet tooth.
कीटो अंडा और मशरूम सूप
Keto Pancakes – Quick and Easy Keto Dessert
Keto Almond Butter Espresso Bars
कीटो तंदूरी टोफू/शाकाहारी व्यंजन
Keto Sesame Chicken Recipe
प्रिया का कीटो विंटर वेज सूप
Keto Ginger Snap Cookies
Keto Cream of Chicken Soup