Winter is on us, and soup seems like the most comforting meal. I have for you today a unique soup, which is made from yogurt. We have been having this soup since childhood. My grandmother used to make this for us, when we used to be down with cold and flu. Try this yummy and comforting Keto Yogurt Soup today and soon you will get hooked to it, just like me.
You can add any veggie to this soup. Cauliflower and broccoli, go very well, just ensure you blanch the veggies before adding them to the soup. You can also have it without any veggies.
The soup is rich in aroma, as we add fennel and dried ginger powder to it. If you want to look for these ingredients in an Asian store then just ask for – Saunf for fennel and Saunth for dried ginger powder. But if you don’t have both, you can still go ahead and make a simpler version without them.
Whenever you want to have this soup, make it there and then. It tastes best when made fresh.
1. Start by blanching the broccoli in two cups of water. But don’t throw the water.
2. In a wok add the ghee and heat it. Drop the cumin seeds and let then splutter.
3. Add haldi or turmeric, red chilly powder, dry coriander powder to the ghee.
4. Lower the heat and let it cook for a minute.
5. Allow the water in which the broccoli is blanched to cool. Add it to the curd or yogurt and beat it well.
6. Now add this yogurt and water mixture to the wok and keep stirring continuously.
7. It is very important that you keep stirring continuously, or else the curd and water will separate, and look like curdled milk. Keep the heat high.
8. Once the soup starts boiling, you can now lower the heat.
9. Grind the fennel seeds with the dried Ginger and make a fine powder.
10. Drop this powder in the boiling soup. Add the black pepper powder.
11. Allow the soup to cook on low heat, for ten to fifteen minutes.
12. Drop the broccoli and allow cooking for another five minutes. Add the salt and switch off the heat. Enjoy it piping hot.
Tip: My mother also adds half a teaspoon of sugar to this soup. If you want you can add a few drops of stevia. It tastes divine.