Keto Tofu Bhurji is simply scrambled tofu, Indian style.
It is a low-carb, high-on-protein delicacy that came into being as a spin-off or alternative to paneer bhurji. The recipe is concise and requires less than half an hour to prepare. It offers room for adding many flavors and spices.
What’s more, is that you can use it for filling and stuffing purposes too. The leftovers are also tasty and readily usable. Tofu is an easy alternative for people who get bored of paneer and is easily available too. Just check the label for freshness before buying.
Keto Tofu Bhurji Recipe
- 200 grams Tofu
- 4 Green chilies (finely chopped), optional.
- 4 tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Ginger (Grated)
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Onion [medium-sized] (Finely chopped)
- 1 Tomatoe [Medium-sized] (Finely chopped)
- 1 Green bell pepper (Diced)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Garam masala Optional
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Remove excess moisture from the tofu by placing some heavy object onto it for about 15 to 20 minutes. Now, crumble the tofu and set it aside.
- Place a pan on a medium heat setting and pour oil into it. Add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Next, fry ginger and green chilies for a minute.
- Add onion and continue sauteing until they turn soft and translucent.
- Now, add finely chopped tomatoe and green bell pepper to the mixture and continue cooking for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add dry spices i.e. garam masala, red chili powder, salt, and turmeric powder to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the crumbled tofu into the pan and mix well. Cover and cook for about 1 to 2minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Finish the Keto tofu bhurji by sprinkling lime juice and garnishing with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot and you cal also carry it to work.
The Keto Tofu Bhurji Indian style isn’t just rich in proteins and fat but it also packs some healthy
traces of calcium, iron, potassium, sodium, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
Let us know what you think about the recipe. Stay safe, stay healthy!
2 thoughts on “Keto Tofu Bhurji Indian Style”
I cant wait to try. I am vegan and love indian food
Cool.. Do let mw know if you liked it 🙂