Last updated on August 4, 2023
Seafood has always been a favorite in my household. Not only does it offer a tantalizing taste experience, but it also provides essential nutrients that nourish the body. As a Keto diet follower, seafood holds an even more special place in my heart, as it aligns perfectly with my dietary choices.
Today, I have an incredible seafood recipe that I highly recommend you try at least once in your life. Who knows, it might become your new favorite!
Introducing Keto Thai Red Curry Shrimp, a delightful seafood dish that has become a regular in my family’s meal rotation. This recipe is so delicious that it could easily make me give up chicken altogether.
Also Try: 8 Best Keto-friendly Fish Recipes by Priya Dogra.
The shrimp is perfectly seared in fragrant sesame oil, creating a creamy and spicy sensation that bursts with the flavors of various aromatic sauces. In other words, it’s a true flavor explosion! And the best part? It’s low in carbs and absolutely ideal for those following a Keto diet.
I recently prepared this dish to celebrate my birthday, and it was an instant hit. Whether you’re looking for a quick yet luxurious weeknight dinner or a speedy yet satisfying lunch, this Keto Thai Red Curry Shrimp is the perfect choice.
Keto Thai Red Curry Shrimp Recipe
- wok-style skillet
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 700 grams Shrimp (20-25 count peeled and deveined)
- 100 grams Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 300 ml Coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons Red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 170 grams Red Pepper (cut in narrow strips)
- 1 tablespoon Sprigs Cilantro ( take stems off and chop)
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon (julienned)
- Take a wok-style skillet and put that on medium heat on a gas stove. Add sea sesame oil to the skillet.
- Once the oil is heated, stir-fry the shrimp for 2 minutes per side. Reserve to a plate.
- After that sauté the onions for 2 minutes. Halfway through heating the onions, add the chopped garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Now, pour in the coconut milk into the skillet and half of the red curry paste (taste the blend after simmering for 2 minutes – then add more if required). After that and fish sauce.
- Cook the mix uncovered for 5 minutes on sim. Wait until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Now, add the green bean slivers and red pepper strips and cook with the blend for 2 minutes.
- After that, toss in the cilantro and stir the curry and cook for another 1 minute.
- Now, add the shrimp that you kept aside on a plate and cook that with the curry for about 1 minute.
- When cooked. Garnish with the lime juice and top with julienned basil leaves. Serve hot and enjoy with Keto rice.
- Net Carbs-7g
You are going to love this Keto Thai Red Curry Shrimp, so get started today. If you love to eat fish, do check my other Keto fish recipes. Also, stay tuned for more content on Keto weight loss, health, and recipes. You may even follow me on Facebook and Instagram for everyday information on a healthy Keto Lifestyle.