Well, you obviously cannot have oats in a Ketogenic Lifestyle. But we sure can eat a simple dish which resembles the traditional oats in texture and to some extent flavor too. The traditional oatmeal is made using rolled oats that are high in carbs. Hence, it is not a suitable contender for a Ketogenic diet. However, there’s a way around it. Try this simple version of Keto Oatmeal!
The main ingredients of the Keto Oats recipe are chia seeds, coconut flour, and hemp seeds. They all are low in carbohydrates, high in fiber and protein. Another good thing about this recipe is that there’s no cooking involved and the prep-time is mere 5 minutes.
This simple recipe makes the perfect Ketogenic breakfast.
Already interested? Here we go then.
How to Prepare Keto Oatmeal
There isn’t much preparation for the Keto oats recipe. Just some simple steps and you can enjoy a healthy, delicious breakfast.
- 2-3 tsp Stevia or any sweetener of your choice
- 2 tbsp Hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut flour
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ⅓ Cup Unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Blue Berries a few Optional Topping
- Peanut butter unsweetened or any other nut butter of your choice Optional Topping
- Toasted coconut Optional Topping
- Take a big container or your favorite mason jar and add all the ingredients to it. Continue stirring until all of them are thoroughly mixed.
- Cover the container or the jar with the lid and place it in the fridge. Let it there for about 4 hours.
- Before serving, stir the oats and add more milk for achieving a desirable level of consistency.
- If almond milk is a problem procuring you can also use coconut milk.
- Put toppings on the Keto oatmeal and enjoy!
There is no cooking involved in preparing the Keto oats, however, you will need to keep it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
2 thoughts on “Keto Oatmeal Recipe”
Can you post some smoothie recipes to be eaten as Keto snack or for breakfast time.
Sure ! Thanks for the suggestion.