Keto Egg Masala recipe makes up for an easy-to-prepare, healthy, and versatile recipe. You can have this as breakfast, lunch, or snack and even pair it with your favorite Keto Bread.
This egg-centric Ketogenic recipe relies on boiled eggs that are cooked twice. First, in the spiced butter and then cooked again in an onion-tomato gravy to enrich the taste. So its a double treat of spices !!
Unlike other Ketogenic recipes, the Keto Egg Masala relies on common Indian kitchen ingredients. That means you don’t need to buy Keto replacements. So, without any further ado let’s get into this.
Total Servings – 3
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
Ingredients required for Keto Egg Masala
100 grams onion
100 grams tomato
15 grams ginger-garlic paste
6 eggs (boiled)
3 green cardamoms
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon cilantro/coriander
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves[kasuri methi]
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 stick cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (powdered)
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon garam masala (powdered)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Salt as per taste
How to Prepare Keto Egg Masala
1. Place a saucepan on the heat and melt half of the butter in it. Add half of the spices in it and keep frying for about 30 to 60 seconds.
2. Now add the eggs to the mixture and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until they start changing color at a medium heat setting.
3. Remove the eggs from the mixture and set aside. Next, add the remaining butter and onions to the mixture. Keep frying the onions until they turn translucent.
4. Add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ginger-garlic paste, and salt to the mixture.
5. Once the onions turn brown, add tomatoes, the remaining spices, and a little water to the mix. Cover the saucepan with a lid and keep cooking for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6.Now, add the dried fenugreek leaves/Kasuri methi to the saucepan and mix thoroughly.
7. Put the eggs in the mixture and stir. Cover the saucepan again and cook for a few more minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
Nutritional Information for Keto Egg Masala
Energy – 269 kcal
Carbohydrates – 6 grams
Fat – 21 grams
Fiber – 1 gram
Protein – 14 grams
The Keto egg masala is not just a convenient ketogenic food recipe, but also a fulfilling meal. It is best to have before starting your day. Share your views via the comments section below.
See you later!