Last updated on August 11, 2023
This egg-centric Ketogenic recipe relies on boiled eggs that are cooked twice. First, in the spiced butter and then cooked again in an onion-tomato gravy to enrich the taste. So it is a double treat of spices !!
What’s great about the Keto version of Egg Masala is that it doesn’t require any special Keto ingredients. You can find all the necessary spices and ingredients right in your Indian kitchen. So, no need to worry about hunting for specific replacements. It’s a convenient and delicious way to enjoy a Keto-friendly meal without any extra hassle.
So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump right into this delightful recipe and savor the wonderful blend of spices and flavors.
Keto Egg Masala
- 100 gm onion
- 100 gm tomato
- 15 gm ginger-garlic paste
- 6 eggs boiled
- 3 cloves
- 3 green cardamoms
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cilantro/coriander
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves[kasuri methi]
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (powdered)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (powdered)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt as per taste
- Place a saucepan on heat and melt half of the butter in it. Add half of the spices in it and keep frying for about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Now add the eggs to the mixture and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until they start changing color at a medium heat setting.
- Remove the eggs from the mixture and set aside. Next, add the remaining butter and onions to the mixture. Keep frying the onions until they turn translucent.
- Add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ginger-garlic paste, and salt to the mixture.
- Once the onions turn brown, add tomatoes, the remaining spices, and a little water to the mix. Cover the saucepan with a lid and keep cooking for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now, add the dried fenugreek leaves/Kasuri methi to the saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- Put the eggs in the mixture and stir. Cover the saucepan again and cook for a few more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
Carbohydrates – 6 grams
Fat – 21 grams
Fiber – 1 gram
Protein – 14 grams The Keto Tofu Bhurji Indian style isn’t just rich in proteins and fat but it also packs some healthy
traces of calcium, iron, potassium, sodium, vitamin A, and vitamin C. Let us know what you think about the recipe. Stay safe, stay healthy!
The Keto egg masala is not just a convenient ketogenic food recipe, but also a fulfilling meal. It is best to have before starting your day. Share your views via the comments section below.
See you later!