Last updated on June 28, 2023
Winter is coming and that means I will crave cookies, cakes and warm soups. So in order to be all set for those warm cravings, I baked a lot of Keto version of Choco Chip Cookies today.
I am sure most of you will agree that cookies have this strange quality of spreading a warm feeling once you eat them. Rain or snow, winter or summer, nothing beats a yummy cookie with your cup of hot coffee, in my case my cuppa of bulletproof coffee.
My cookies today need not much prep, are easy to make, and trust me when I say that they have a crunch of a normal cookie and no “eggy” flavor at all.
I was traveling last week, so I picked up two new ingredients, that’s another reason for making these cookies. I got a new brand of stevia and also got a packet of dark choco chips. Furthermore, I have used both these new products in my cookies and am happy to report that they taste pretty good.
- Morde Dark Choco Chips
- Step-by-step guide
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. And get all your ingredients ready.
- 2. Grid the whole almonds until they are a fine powder and put them in a bowl.
- 3. Next, roughly grind the walnuts and keep them aside.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and the sweetener together.
- 5. In a separate bowl, melt your unsalted butter. I have used white butter that we make from cream at home, in the recipe.
- 6. Add vanilla, eggs, to the butter and mix well.
- 7. The roughly grounded walnuts and the choco chips in this bowl now and mix well.
- 8. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients spoon by spoon until a dough has formed.
- 9. Now line your baking dish with baking paper and scoop out 1 tbsp each of the dough for a single cookie. I simply used a spoon to drop one big dollop at regular distances and then flattened them with the spoon. Please do not mind my shapes.
- 10. Bake the cookies for ten mins at 250 degrees and do not let them out of your sight for the last 4 minutes. Bake until the edges have turned golden brown. The cookies can burn quite quickly, make sure you are there.
- 11. Once done, allow them to cool off in the oven itself. Don’t be curious and in a hurry to remove them from the tray, as you might end up with a crumbly mess. Once they cool, they will get nice and firm.
- 12. In about 20–35 minutes they should be cold, so start eating to your heart’s content!
Morde Dark Choco Chips
Please try these cookies if you think since you went on Keto the crunch has been missing from your life, and also try them if you are looking to enhance your coffee drinking ‘me’ time.
The cookies are baked in no time and all you need to be particular about is to allow them to cool completely, before you eat them. Also, if you are wary of using chocolate, you can always drop it and make simple cookies. The sweetener can be of your choice, and not necessarily stevia.