Last updated on September 13, 2023
My low-carb cabbage rolls are a delicious and satisfying alternative that keeps you in line with Ketogenic diet plan. Instead of using rice, we substitute it with cauliflower rice, making it a perfect fit for your low-carb lifestyle.
These Keto cabbage rolls are not only flavourful, but also easy to prepare, making them a versatile option for any time of the day. Whether you enjoy them for lunch, dinner, or as a snack, they will keep you satiated and satisfied. They also make a great addition to your family house parties, pleasing both Keto and non-Keto eaters.
What’s more, this recipe is entirely vegetarian, without any eggs or meat involved. It celebrates the goodness of vegetables, providing a nutritious and wholesome meal.
Keto Cabbage Rolls
- 450 gm Cabbage Whole leaves
- 200 gm Cauliflower Shredded
- 60 gm Butter
- 1 Small onion Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 30 gm Cup heavy whipping cream or Coconut Cream
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream or Coconut Milk 100ml
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Some salt and pepper
- Set the oven to 400F.
- Remove the root of the cabbage and boil its leaves in slightly salted water for about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the leaves loosen up.
- Put a saucepan or skillet over a medium heat setting and add butter. Fry the cauliflower and onion in it. Add salt and pepper as per your taste and then allow it to cool.
- Remove the cauliflower-onion mixture in a bowl and add heavy whipping cream, salt, and ground black pepper to it. Pour a chunk of this mixture in the middle of each cabbage leaf, fold around the edges, and make a roll.
- In the same skillet or saucepan, fry the rolls on both sides. Keep frying until the rolls turn slightly brownish.
- Place the cabbage rolls in a microwave-safe bowl or dish and bake for about 30 minutes. Do not drain the cabbage juice. Just set it aside. We need it for preparing the gravy.
- In the skillet or saucepan, add heavy whipping cream, soy sauce, some salt, little pepper, and cabbage juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and then keep boiling for another 5 minutes or so, until it thickens.
- Have the Keto cabbage rolls with the gravy.
You can use toothpicks to hold together the cabbage rolls while cooking. Remove the same prior to serving. More nutrition information about Keto Cabbage Rolls Carbohydrates – 11 grams (net) Fat – 75 grams Fiber – 5 grams Protein – 38 grams
The Keto cabbage rolls also have some room for experimentation, especially when it comes to the choice of sauces. You can try a different sauce than the one mentioned here. You can also add some boiled chicken or fish if you don’t want to fill cauliflower in it.
Moreover, you can also add something extra to the rolls, such as bell peppers, to create a Keto cabbage rolls recipe suitable to your taste buds. Don’t hesitate to share your experience with me, I’d be glad to hear it.
My recommended Keto food that you can buy on Amazon.