Traditional cabbage rolls use rice, which makes them unsuitable to have while on a Ketogenic Diet. The Keto cabbage rolls recipe is an excellent low-carb food that unites great taste and ease of preparation with high-fat content. It replaces rice with cauliflower rice.
These Keto cabbage rolls are fulfilling and can be consumed at any time, day or night. You can also put them on the menu for family house parties. Another fascinating aspect of this recipe is that it is pure veg. There is no egg or any kind of meat involved here, only vegetables.
Keto Cabbage Rolls Making Procedure
Keto Cabbage Rolls
- 450 gm Cabbage Whole leaves
- 200 gm Cauliflower Shredded
- 60 gm Butter
- 1 Small onion Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 30 gm Cup heavy whipping cream or Coconut Cream
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream or Coconut Milk 100ml
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Some salt and pepper
- Set the oven to 400F.
- Remove the root of the cabbage and boil its leaves in slightly salted water for about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the leaves loosen up.
- Put a saucepan or skillet over a medium heat setting and add butter. Fry the cauliflower and onion in it. Add salt and pepper as per your taste and then allow it to cool.
- Remove the cauliflower-onion mixture in a bowl and add heavy whipping cream, salt, and ground black pepper to it. Pour a chunk of this mixture in the middle of each cabbage leaf, fold around the edges, and make a roll.
- In the same skillet or saucepan, fry the rolls on both sides. Keep frying until the rolls turn slightly brownish.
- Place the cabbage rolls in a microwave-safe bowl or dish and bake for about 30 minutes. Do not drain the cabbage juice. Just set it aside. We need it for preparing the gravy.
- In the skillet or saucepan, add heavy whipping cream, soy sauce, some salt, little pepper, and cabbage juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and then keep boiling for another 5 minutes or so, until it thickens.
- Have the Keto cabbage rolls with the gravy.
You can use toothpicks to hold together the cabbage rolls while cooking. Remove the same prior to serving. More nutrition information about Keto Cabbage Rolls Carbohydrates – 11 grams (net) Fat – 75 grams Fiber – 5 grams Protein – 38 grams
The Keto cabbage rolls also have some room for experimentation, especially when it comes to the choice of sauces. You can try a different sauce than the one mentioned here. You can also add some boiled chicken or fish if you don’t want to fill cauliflower in it.
Moreover, you can also add something extra to the rolls, such as bell peppers, to create a Keto cabbage rolls recipe suitable to your taste buds. Don’t hesitate to share your experience with us, we’d be glad about that.