Last updated on September 30, 2023
As winter is nearing, I’ve devoted some time to creating a warm and comforting dish that fits perfectly into a Keto Diet. Try my Keto Brazilian Fish Stew, a stew not only keeps you cozy during the colder months but also stays in line with the principles of a Keto Diet, ensuring it’s both nourishing and delightful.
The stew strikes a perfect balance, being both light and bursting with flavors, making it an ideal choice for anyone seeking a healthy and delicious meal.
The Keto Brazilian Fish Stew boasts a unique combination of ingredients that not only adhere to Keto guidelines but also showcase the vibrant flavors of Brazilian cuisine. It is made of healthy ingredients, including white fish, coconut milk, lime juice, and an array of vibrant vegetables. It’s a testament to the fact that eating healthily doesn’t have to be bland or restrictive.
Feel free to give a try to this easy and tasty stew packed with flavors. Savor the goodness it brings, embracing the warmth and nourishment it offers during the winter months. Check out the easy recipe.
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||45 minutes|
- 700 g White Fish (Basa, Cod, Halibut, etc)
- 2 Limes Juice, to marinate the fish.
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil Or olive oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced.
- 100 grams White or Yellow Onion Diced.
- 100 grams Carrot Diced.
- 150 grams of Red Bell Pepper Diced, about 1 cup.
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 275 grams Tomato Diced, about 1.5 cups.
- 250 ml Chicken or Fish Broth
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Parsley, or Green Onion
- Salt To Taste.
- Pepper To Taste.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- While the pot is heating, cut the fish into pieces around 2 inches (5 cm) in size. Marinate them with salt and lime juice while the stew is cooking.
- Sauté the diced onions in the pot until they become translucent, which should take about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the minced garlic and sauté until it becomes fragrant, usually taking about 1–2 minutes.
- Add the diced red bell pepper and carrots to the pot, and sauté them until they become soft, approximately 5–7 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook until it becomes fragrant, which typically takes about 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and paprika to the pot, and cook until the tomatoes have softened, typically about 3–4 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken or fish stock, and add red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk to the pot and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- After the stew has developed its flavors, gently place the marinated fish and lemon juice into the pot. Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes; the fish will cook rapidly.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped parsley, cilantro, or green onion.
- Serve on its own or with Keto cauliflower rice.
Nutrition Information Per Servings