Last updated on November 27, 2021
Keto Amritsari Fish Fry Recipe
- 500 gms King Fish cut in fingers
- 1/2 cup Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli (to taste)
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Optional
- 10 tbsp Olive Oil to deep fry
- 2 Lemon wedges
- Salt to taste
- Place the fish fingers in a bowl.
- Add the red chili powder, carom seeds, ginger paste, lemon juice, garlic paste, salt and gram flour to the fish. Mix well. Keep it aside for half an hour or so.
- Heat the oil sufficiently. Break an egg and beat it in a separate bowl. Now pick one finger dip it in the egg and drop it in the hot oil.
- Take it out of the oil when it gets a golden outer crust.
- Place them on a kitchen sheet. If you are going to eat them later, you can deep fry them again before serving.
- Before serving sprinkle chaat masala and place lemon wedges beside it.
- Calories – 533
- Carbohydrates – 11 g
- Protein – 34 g
- Fat – 39 g
Also Try: Priya’s Keto Spicy Basa Fish
Tip: Use the same recipe for making cottage cheese. You can also skip the egg, and fry the fish straight away. By adding half a teaspoon of baking soda to the batter you can increase the crispness of the crust. The recipe can be made with any fleshy, boneless fish. Do not miss the carrom seeds. they are most essential for this dish.