“Tangri Kebab” or Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks is a very popular dish in North India. Tangri means leg in Hindi laguage, so a kebab made with chicken legs, is called “Tangri Kebab”. It can be had as snack, or even as main course. The secret to making it a hit, is to allow the drumsticks to soak in the marinade for as long as possible. Here is my version of Keto Tangri Kebabs for you.
Try them once and you will get hooked onto them for sure.
You can barbecue them, shallow fry them or even cook them in a grill pan like I did. In ten to fifteen minutes the drumsticks are ready to be served. Serve them with any salad and mint chutney and watch them vanish from the plates in a matter of few minutes. You can try this recipe with any cut of chicken, and vegetarians can use the same recipe for making paneer or cottage cheese. I had made these this Sunday and the smile on my kids faces said it all.
Procedure of Making Keto Tangri Kebabs
- Wash the chicken and pat it dry. Put cuts on it, so that the marinade can seep into the chicken.
- Start mixing the ingredients for the marinade. In a broad dish put the yogurt, cream and ginger, garlic past
- Followed by the garam masala, fenugreek powder, red chillies powder, salt, pepper.
- Mix it all well with your hand, until a smooth marinade is formed.
- Now coat the chicken pieces in it properly and let them rest in the fridge for four to five hours.
- When you are ready to eat, heat a grill pan and place the chicken drum sticks on it.
- Cover with the lid for three to seven minutes.
- Open the lid and turn the chicken drumsticks. Cover and cook for another seven minutes.
- Soon the marinade will get a rich golden colour and it will dry up. That is your cue to switch off the heat and allow the meat to rest in the pan.