In my Keto journey I have been lucky to have met and made many new friends. Like minded people who have supported me and stood by me at every step of the way. And in this mutual relationship of giving and sharing I have had special moments that have lightened my days and urged me to go on. One such special day was last week when I got a courier delievered at my door step. I was surprised to find a huge box full of seafood in that box. My Keto friend from Mumbai had sent me a years supply of Keto Saute Dried Shrimps, large and small, Mackerel and Bombil Duck.
I have a liking for seafood and shrimps are my absolute favourite. Hence, nowadays I am busy researching recipes that can be modified to make these goodies in a Keto friendly manner. So you will be seeing many posts with seafood in the future.
I am today sharing a simple recipe with dried mini shrimps. Dried shrimps are easily available in the coastal towns, and are economical. They are easy to cook and yummy to eat. Next time your mom goes shopping ask her to get you a small bag. The dried shrimps can easily be stored in an airtight container and used whenever you feel like taking a break from chicken and bacon.
Recipe of Keto Saute Dried Shrimps
- 30 gms Dried Mini Shrimps
- 30 gms Chopped Onions
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- White and Pink Salt, according to taste
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds, whole
- ¼ tsp Chilly powder Optional
- Dried Curry leaves, few
- In a wok heat the ghee.
- Drop the mustard seeds, lower the heat and add the curry leaves.
- Next add the chopped onions, saute till they change colour.
- Add the salt, turmeric, red chilly powder. Saute on low heat.
- Drop the shrimps in the wok and lower the heat.
- Now add a dash of water, cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cals – 192
- Net Carbs – 2
- Proteins – 17 gms
- Fats – 12
Note: A small note, I must share with you that when you are cooking the shrimps they have a very strong smell. So if the rest of the family is not a shrimp lover. cooking when nobody at home is probably the best idea.