Since I went on Keto, white sauce with corn flour has been banned from my life. So I decided to make my version of a creamy chicken stew kind of an au gratin. My Keto Chicken Stew is a welcome break from the usual Indian affair and is most filling and rich. And it has the perfect ratio of carbs, proteins and fats.
I made this stew on Sunday as I had all the time in the world to experiment and make something yummy and comforting. So I made a sauce out of coconut milk, cream, cheese and butter. This sauce is very rich and delicious. You can add your favorite herbs and spices to it. I kept it simple and warm this time. I made two servings at one time and had two very special meals. Try this recipe over the weekend and let me know if you like it. You can also bake a dish, cool it down put a cling wrap and have it during the week. It will stay good for three to five days in the fridge.
In fact looking at the ingredients I think it is high time Amul made me their Keto Ambassador. What say ?
Keto Chicken Stew Making Procedure
1.Start by washing the chicken and cutting it into small pieces. Wash the broccoli and cut its florets too. Place the chicken in the dish in which you are going to bake it and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
2. Now in a thick bottomed pan or wok put the coconut milk and let it come to a boil. If you think it is too thick, dilute it with a little water.
3. Drop the butter in the milk and let the sauce to continue to boil on medium heat.
4. Add the pepper, salt, paprika powder.
5. Next add the grated cheese cubes and keep stirring on medium heat.
6. Drop in the broccoli, I had some blanched lying in the fridge so i am using that.
7. Cook the sauce with the broccoli for another five to eight minutes. Now drop in the heavy cream and lower the heat.
8. Cook for another five minutes till the sauce reduces. Switch off the heat.
9. Pour this sauce along with the brocolli over the chicken which is lying in the bakig dish.
10. Now break a cheese slice and place it on the dish.
11. Bake at 350 degrees Celcius for 60 mins or untill the bake looks nice and creamy and chicken well done. Serve hot.