Need a simple mutton recipe that can leave all your guests licking their fingers and asking for the recipe?
Try my flavorful Keto version of Mutton Keema which is a perfect royal feast for a Sunday lunch and the next dinner party in your home. It is the easiest non-vegetarian Keto recipe ever. I call it a beginner’s recipe, as anyone with minimal cooking skills can make this.
Minced meat is called keema or qeema in the Indian subcontinent. Keema can be grilled on a skewer and is then called seekh kebab, or it is used as a filling for samosas or naan — Wikipedia.
Mutton Keema is a beloved classic in Indian non-vegetarian cuisine, cherished by meat lovers all across the country. Traditionally, it’s prepared with minced mutton, onions, tomatoes, and a medley of aromatic Indian spices.
For my Keto version, I’ve made a few tweaks to keep it low-carb while maintaining its authentic flavour. I’ve reduced the amount of tomatoes, added some cheese and cream, and let me tell you, the result is simply divine.
The dish is bursting with tantalizing aromas and perfectly cooked mutton, simmered in a harmonious blend of Indian spices. To enhance the experience, garnish it with fresh coriander leaves for that extra touch of freshness.
Here are step-by-step recipe instructions.
Keto Keema Recipe
- 500 grams Mutton/ Lamb Minced (Ground)
- 100 grams Finely chopped Tomato
- 80 grams Chopped Onion
- 10 grams Ginger Garlic Paste
- 100 ml Heavy Whipping Cream, optional
- 50 grams Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- ½ tsp Tumeric
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Fresh Coriander/Cilantro
- Take a pan and heat the ghee.
- After that add the cumin seeds, and wait for the onions to turn a little more brownish.
- Now add in the minced meat and stir well. Keep stirring and try separating the meat so they do not stick together.
- Remember to cook the meat on medium flame till tender and then cooked on high heat.
- Once the meat is scattered and the wetness is released add in the tomatoes, garlic, and ginger paste, and mix them all well.
- Now, add in salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and stir to mix well.
- After it, add some water and cover the lid.
- Cook the mix for 15-20 minutes, and keep stirring the mixture in every 2-3 minutes.
- Once the water is reduced to your liking add in the cheese and mix well.
- Wait for cheese to melt and then add the cream, and then cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- After it, turn off the gas and garnish the dish with some coriander.
- Serve with Warm Keto Naan bread.
- Calories: 588
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Carbs: 4g
- Fat: 47g
- Protein: 36g
- Fiber: 1g
Keema is a stew that is usually prepared as a curry with ingredients such as minced lamb or goat meat, green peas, potatoes, ginger, chili, onions, ghee, garlic, and garam masala spices. The name of the dish means minced meat in Urdu. Although keema is most popular in north India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, some believe that the dish has Persian origins due to the fact that it was first mentioned as a recipe in Ain-I-Akbari (a document about emperor Akbar’s empire) — tasteatlas.
I guarantee you will love my Keto Keema recipe. It is by far my favourite mutton recipe that does not take much time to cook. If you have any tips, remarks, comments, suggestions, questions, etc. related to the Keto almond roti recipe, let us know via the dedicated comments section below.
My recommended Keto food that you can buy on Amazon.