After successfully baking a delicious batch of Keto sweet bread, my confidence soared to new heights. If I could create such a wonderful loaf of bread, why not take on the challenge of making cookies?
With ground flax seeds and some coconut flour at my disposal, the inspiration for some baking struck me. As followers of the Keto lifestyle, we are all well aware that traditional biscuits are a big no-no, as they can wreak havoc on our bodies.
However, we must also admit that the comfort and satisfaction provided by a crunchy cookie are not easily replaceable. That’s why today, I bring you my recipe for Keto Flax Seed Crunchy Cookies.
These cookies are simple, delicious, and perfectly suited for the Keto diet. Unlike many other Keto-friendly foods, this Keto version of cookie actually taste like a genuine cookie. In other words, they are not mere imitations of the real thing; they both look and taste like authentic cookies. This was my first time experimenting with flax seeds, and I must say, they have immense potential to be incorporated into a variety of recipes.
First bread and now cookies, life is good!
Keto Flax Seed Cookies Recipe
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- 3 tbsp Flax Seed powder or grounded
- 2 Small Eggs
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
- 3 tbsp Sweetener of your choice and as per your taste
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Peanut Butter
- Warm the peanut butter in the micro till it is nice and smooth.
- The coconut oil can be added now and then mix it well.
- Now add the flax seeds powder spoon by spoon and keep mixing.
- Next add the coconut flour or unsweetened desiccated coconut and the salt. Mix some more.
- Break the eggs and add them to the batter keep mixing.
- The batter will now look very workable and you will be able to portion the batter.
- Oil your baking tray with coconut oil.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter at equal distances and press down with the back of a spoon.
- If you have a really powerful oven, then bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- My oven only goes up to 250 degrees. I baked the cookies for 25 minutes.
- Allow them to cool completely before you taste them.
- Calories – 236
- Carbs -7 gm
- Proteins -6 gm
- Fats – 22 gm
Tip: If you are in the mood for an adventure, drop a small piece of Lindt 90% chocolate in the center of the cookie and cover it up with batter for a gooey center. If you drop the coconut, the carb content will go down even further. I actually allowed them to cool overnight, before tasting them in the morning. And if you are wondering, they do not taste eggy at all — Priya Dogra.