When winter approaches, we Indians love to enjoy our warm cup of tea with some crispy hot snacks. For us, the best snacks are those that keep us warm and also satisfy our cravings. Even our body demands something to binge on to keep warm. I also go through the same winter food cravings.
Since winter is right upon us, I was looking for ways to binge on something healthy and ketogenic yet wholesome. I tried low-carb broccoli and cheese fitters and was pleasantly surprised at how tasty this evening snack turned out to be.
This broccoli and fritters recipe is not like any other regular deep-fried broccoli snack. It does not include any corn meal but still has a perfect crunch to them. Trust me, you’ll love binge-eating them this winter with my yummy Keto BBQ Sauce Recipe or any other sauce of your choice.
However, I love to enjoy these fitters with amazing Keto BBQ sauce. This combination is a perfect snack for your whole family to enjoy together. Now, let’s get into its quick preparation.
Serves – 16 Balls
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 10 Minutes
7 tablespoons Flaxseed meal
120 grams of fresh Broccoli
100 grams Almond Flour
115 ounces of Mozzarella Cheese
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 large Eggs
Salt and Pepper (as per your taste)
1. Put broccoli in a food processor to break it into small pieces. You need it to be properly processed before beginning.
2. Add almond flour, cheese, baking powder, and ¼ cup flaxseed meal to the processed broccoli. If you like add some extra seasonings (salt and pepper) at this step.
3. Add two large eggs and mix them well to ensure everything is blended nicely.
4. Roll the blended batter in form of balls and further coat them with around 3 tablespoons of flaxseed meal. Continue with this step until the entire batter is finished and keep setting the balls on paper towels.
5. Turn on a deep fat fryer to heat around 375F. When ready, keep broccoli and cheese fitters within the basket to ensure there is no overcrowding.
6. Fry the fritters till they turn golden brown (around 3-5 minutes).
7. Lay the fried fitters on paper towels for soaking excess grease and add seasoning as per your taste.
8. Enjoy it with your favorite dip or sauce.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fats – 5.8g
Net Carbs – 1.3g
Share your views about the Keto Broccoli and Cheese Fritters in the dedicated comments section below. Also, try my Keto Broccoli soup if you left with spare Broccoli after making this recipe.
You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about my Ketogenic lifestyle and get your hands on a variety of Ketogenic recipes. Stay fit and healthy!