Keto Pav Bhaji is regarded in India as the king of street food, especially among the vibrant Mumbai street food. Here, pav means bread and bhaji means spicy vegetable mash. So, Keto Pav Bhaji is, basically, a mix of keto safe bread, had with vegetables along with a lot of mouthwatering spices and butter.
Although there are a variety of ingredients involved in preparing Keto Spicy Cauliflower Mash, the most noticeable ingredient is butter. To make the Pav Bhaji Keto, we will simply replace potatoes with cauliflower and the traditional high-carb bread with some Ketogenic bread.
There’s a great deal of flexibility in this Ketogenic recipe for choosing the veggies. You can add cabbage, mushrooms, spinach, beans, broccoli and of course loads of cauliflower. Cheese can also be used as a garnish at the end. You can try different combinations. Already salivating? Let’s not waste any other moment then!
Total Servings – 4
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
500 grams Cauliflower, grated or finely chopped
200 grams tomatoes, chopped
150 grams of butter
150 grams green bell Pepper
100 grams onions
30 grams ginger-garlic paste
2 teaspoons Pav Bhaji masala
1 tablespoon cilantro or coriander powder, optional
1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves/Kasuri methi
1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
Half lime or lemon
Salt as per taste
1. Start by cutting the cauliflower into small pieces. Add the same to a frying pan with a cup of water and place over a medium heat setting.
2. Cook the cauliflower for about 10 minutes or until it gets tender.
3. Now add the bell peppers, ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon pav bhaji masala, 50 grams of butter, salt, and tomatoes to the mixture. Mix thoroughly and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Mash the mixture using a potato masher to get a uniform paste. Keep cooking until the water dries out and then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
5. Melt the remaining butter in the frying pan and add everything to it except the coriander/cilantro, food color, and lime juice. Keep cooking. Cook on medium heat and keep stirring.
6. Now, add the cauliflower mixture and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Add some water to the mixture and stir to mix. Add more water, if required, to achieve the desired consistency and keep cooking. Add the lime juice.
8. Garnish the Keto Spicy Cauliflower Mash with butter, chopped onions, and fresh coriander/cilantro before serving.
9. Pair with some yummy Keto Buns and have it hot!
Nutritional Information for Keto Pav Bhaji
Energy – 330 kcal
Carbohydrates – 13 grams
Fat – 30 grams
Fiber – 5 grams
Protein – 4 grams
That completes the Keto Pav Bhaji recipe. Did you enjoy it? Let us know in the comments. You can also ask questions or share your suggestions there. Happy eating!