If you’re yearning for a lip-smacking dish that’s both easy to prepare and fits perfectly into your Keto diet, I’ve got just the recipe for you.
Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with my Indian twist on Chinese cuisine – Keto-styled Paneer Manchurian. This delightful dish features crispy cubes of paneer that are fried to perfection and then cooked in a spicy and tangy sauce.
The word “Manchurian” means native or inhabitant of Manchuria (in northeast China); the dish, however, is a creation of Chinese restaurants in India, and bears little resemblance to traditional Manchu cuisine or Northeastern Chinese cuisine.It is said to have been invented in 1975 by Nelson Wang, a cook at the Cricket Club of India in Mumbai, when a customer asked him to create a new dish, different from what was available on the menu — Wikipedia.
Trust me, this Indo-Chinese restaurant-style Keto Paneer recipe is a flavour explosion you won’t want to miss!
Whenever I crave something savoury and spicy, but still want to stay true to my diet, Paneer Manchurian comes to my rescue. It’s the ideal solution to satisfy those cravings without any guilt or worries about straying from my keto diet plan.
With this recipe, you can indulge in the deliciousness of Paneer Manchurian while keeping your waistline in check.
Keto Paneer Manchurian
- 250 grams Paneer
- 50 grams Onion
- 80 grams Capsicum
- 5 grams Ginger
- 1 tsp Chilly Sauce, unsweetened
- 5 grams Garlic
- 20 grams Spring Onion
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Drops Stevia optional
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to taste
- Start by slicing the paneer into cube-shaped big pieces, and season them with salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Keep the Paneer pieces aside for 3-5 minutes.
- Now, heat up the olive oil in a pan.
- Fry the pieces of paneer till they turn golden brown on either side then again keep them aside to let them cool.
- Stir fry the ginger and garlic and green chili in the same pan
- Now, add in the onions and capsicum into the pan and half cook for 1-2 minutes.
- After this, add the vinegar, soya sauce, chili sauce, and mix well. Cook the mix for about 1 minute.
- Now, add some water and cook the blend for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the fried paneer into the pan and cook till all the gravy is dried up.
- If you want to have the Keto Paneer Manchurian with little gravy, add in the required water as per your preference.
- Garnish with spring onion greens before serving it hot and tempting.
- Calories: 486
- Net Carbs: 8g
- Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 38g
- Protein: 24g
- Fiber: 1g