Ketogenic Murgh Palak is my lunch idea for not vegetarian recipe today. It involves chicken wings and spinach. The purpose is to get a good dose of proteins, fiber and fats, and obviously minimum carbs.
All you need to do is marinate the chicken for a night. In the morning let it cook on low heat for about ten minutes, pack it in a lunch box and carry it to work. You can have it cold or hot. And as mentioned before, you can always adjust the quantity according to your macros.
My Ketogenic Murgh Palak is juicy and can be eaten as finger food. It gets a nice crust on the outside, and the sautéed spinach adds a nice crunch to the dish.
Ketogenic Murgh Palak/Spinach Chicken Recipe
- Heavy-bottomed pan
- Chopping board
- 50 gm Chopped Spinach
- 400 gm Chicken wings
- ½ tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 50 gm Greek Yogurt/Hung Curd
- ½ tbsp Pink Salt
- 1 tbsp Red Chilly powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- Salt According to Taste
- Wash the chicken and add the Greek Yogurt to it.
- Next wash and chop the spinach roughly.
- Add spinach, salt, garlic paste, ginger paste, dry masalas and mix well with your hands. Add the oil and mix more.
- When you are ready to cook, place it in a heavy bottomed pan, and cook on low heat covered for about ten minutes.
- Switch off the heat, let the chicken rest for five to ten minutes. Then pack it and take it to work.Tip: Most Ketoites just cannot do without a cup of Bullet Proof Coffee. I totally missed it at work. So I figured out an easy way of having it daily. I carry butter, oil, coffee in precise quantities in a tumbler to work and just add hot water to it, when I want to have my cuppa!
- Cals – 609
- Carbs – 5g
- Protein – 84
- Fats – 26g