Winters are here, at least where I live, and they bring with them the cravings for soups, warm curries and flavorful food. I have for you today a delightful recipe for fish, which is easy to make and is devoid of onions, turmeric and ginger. I have for your today Keto Fish in Tomato Gravy !
Normally this fish curry is eaten with rice, but you can try it with toasted Keto Bread and it will taste absolutely divine. I have used “malli” fish for this recipe, as it is easily available where I live. But you can replace it with any fish you like and adjust the macros accordingly. According to the information on the internet this fish is also called as – Calbasu or Black Rohu in some regions.The fish has a thick layer of fat in the under skin and serves our purpose perfectly.
- 1 kg Raw fish cut in small pieces of about 2 inch size
For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Cumin/Zeera powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder (optional)
- 2 tsp Coriander/ Dhania powder
For the gravy:
- 250 ml Tomato puree, fresh if possible
- 8 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste, fresh if possible
- ½ tsp Chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 drops of Stevia
- Half a tsp or about 10 g of dried fenugreek leaves or Kasoori methi
- Chopped fresh coriander and green chilies for garnish.
- Cal- 438
- Net Carbs- 6 g
- Proteins- 33 g
- Fat- 30 g
Keto Fish in Tomato Gravy Making Procedure
1. Wash the fish well and cut into small pieces.
2. Apply some salt keep it aside for five to seven minutes and wash well to remove any smell.
3. Add all the ingredients of the marinade to the fish, mix well with your hands and keep aside for fifteen to twenty minutes.
4. In a wok heat the oil and fry the fish lightly in small batches. Do not make it crisp and keep it aside.
5. In the same oil add the garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
6. Add the tomato puree and the rest of the ingredients of the gravy and lower the heat.
7. Allow this gravy to cook till the oil separates and comes to the side.
8. Now add about two cups of water and bring the gravy to a boil.
9. Slide the fish pieces in this gravy, and allow them to cook on medium heat for five to seven minutes.
10. Switch off the heat and serve hot garnished with chopped fresh coriander and green chilies.