The Keto cinnamon rolls can serve as a fulfilling breakfast or a nice dessert. No matter the manner you choose to have them, you will definitely like the taste and the good nutrition that the Keto cinnamon rolls bring with them.
Gooey, fluffy, delicious, gluten-free, these healthy Keto cinnamon rolls are truly amazing.
Share them with your family, friends, or have them all alone. One thing is for sure that you will definitely enjoy them. Loving them already? So, here we go.
How to Prepare Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Here is the step by step instructions on how to prepare the scrumptious and healthy keto cinnamon rolls :
1. Take a frying pan and line with parchment paper. Place a 9×9-inch cling film on the counter to roll the cinnamon rolls. Use a small bowl for storing water to wet the fingers while working with the dough.
2. Take a small bowl and add sour cream, and water in it. Heat the same over a water bath until it feels slightly warm to touch.
3. Add yeast and ground ginger to a large bowl and then pour the warm sour cream mixture over the yeast. Cover the bowl using a kitchen towel and set it aside for about 7 minutes. The mixture will get bubbly by now.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, add and thoroughly whisk the almond flour, baking powder, flaxseed meal, salt, sweetener, whey protein powder, and xanthan gum. Set it aside.
5. Once the yeast is proofed, add the eggs, melted butter, and vinegar to it. Use an electric mixer to whisk it thoroughly. Add the flour mixture while continuing mixing. Use a wet spatula to convert the dough into a ball and then divide it into 3 equal-sized balls.
6. Oil the piece of cling film and place one of the balls on top of it, spreading it using wet fingers into a roughly 7.5×9-inch rectangle.
7. Next, brush it with melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar but leave the top 1-inch. Using the cling film, roll the dough as tightly as possible and seal the edge using wet fingertips.
8. Wet a sharp knife and cut the dough into 3 equal parts. Turn each of the rolls and slightly press them using your palm.
9. Repeat steps #06 to #08 for the remaining 2 dough balls.
10. Next, transfer the cinnamon rolls to the pan lined with parchment paper. Cover it with a kitchen towel and place in a warm, draft-free space for about 50 to 60 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
11. Preheat the oven to 4000F.
12. Prepare the glaze while the cinnamon rolls are proofing by mixing the butter, cream cheese, and powdered sweetener using the electric mixer. Add salt and vanilla extract to the mixture and adjust the taste and texture as per to your liking with adding a single teaspoon of milk at a time. When satisfied, set it aside.
13. Put the pan over a baking tray and place it in the oven. Continue baking for about 17 to 25 minutes or until the rolls turn deep golden.
14. Spread glaze over the cinnamon rolls that you plan to eat right away while storing the others in an airtight container and placing at room temperature for 2 to 3 days.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Note: Gooey rolls require less baking time while bready ones require more baking time.
That completes the Keto cinnamon rolls recipe. Please use the dedicated comments section below to share your tips, suggestions, remarks, etc. with us.